This post is an entry for 500 posts Celebration International Giveaway by Anuradha.
This is my MAC collection! Yippie!! And let me tell you guys one thing for sure….there is definitely something about MAC which excites me like nothing else. Before I start ranting about MAC endlessly let me share with you my small, cute but useful collection of MAC items that I have made. These are my MAC products and The Body Shop brushes.
- MAC Mineralize SkinFinish Natural (Rs.1340)
- MAC eyeshadows in Plum Dressing, Sketch and Nylon (820Rs. each)
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15(NC42)(Rs.1580)
- The Body shop Foundation brush
- The Body Shop Eyeshadow Blender brush
I am not sure of the brushes price…somewhere in the range of 750-1000 I guess.
The MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is by far the best compact powder I have used to date mainly because it blends very easily with my skin tone and it stays put.
- Very natural look.
- Available in lots of shades.
- Does not turn oily with the passage of time
I can’t think of any cons except its price! The MAC eyeshadows are really good in the sense that
- They are very smooth and not at all powdery.
- They blend like a dream.
- Their colour range is very good.
- They have different finishes like frost/matte/pearl etc.
- Nylon(Frost finish). This makes for a very good highlight colour.
- Sketch makes for a very good crease colour.
- Plum dressing(pearl finish) is a good overall colour and very natural one at that.
The MAC Studio Fix Fluid is a very good foundation mainly because
- You get it according to the skin tone. The SA at MAC counters will figure this out for you. So you can get it very close to your skin tone and therefore you don’t end up looking all made up and chalky.
- It gives a matte look.
- You need a teeny weeny bit for each application and therefore it is going to last you a long time.
- It is very creamy.
- It has yellow undertones to it and there fore blends well with my wheatish complexion.
Now coming to The Body Shop brushes, the two that I purchased were the
- Foundation brush
- Eyeshadow blending brush
The eyeshadow blending brush is good in the sense that
- It is fluffly and carries a good amount of shadow.
- The bristles are very soft and very smooth when you use it one the eye.
The only thing that I find is that it is a bit too big for blending and also it is not rounded like the MAC 224. The foundation brush is really good.
- It applies the foundation very evenly
- It does not absorb the moisture content
- It feels good to hold!(if that makes some sense!)