By Divya Teja B.
Today I am going to review Rimmel London’s Stay Glossy Lip gloss.
Before straight away jumping in to the review let me give you a sneak peek in to my stance on lip glosses. I am a diehard fan of lip glosses. I just can’t get enough of them. For me they not only add shine to your base Lip colour (or lipstick, if used along with) but also lock the lip colour for more duration than it normally does. I also use them to mute the tone of the lip colours that are too flashy for my skin tone, which is wheatish. So lip gloss is an absolute necessity for my vanity case ;)
Without much ado…
What does the company say about Rimmel London Stay Glossy Lip gloss – All Day Seduction
• Available in 24 different shades.
• Lasts up to 6 hours.
• Shade: All Day Seduction 640
• Price: $4.99 or Rs. 260 – Rs. 270
• Quantity: 0.18 fl oz or 5.3ml
• Ingredients: Not available on the case or on the official website.
What do I think about the Rimmel London Stay Glossy Lip gloss – All Day Seduction
• Classy packaging with metallic silver cap curved inside in the middle.
• Transparent body, however does not show how much of the product is left in the tube as the gloss sticks to the walls
• Silver print on the body, does not fade away like most lip gloss packaging and I love that (for anyone who likes to show off the brand ;)).
• Strong packaging. I have had bad experiences with gloss caps breaking and spilling in to my bag.
• Spongy applicator.
• Starts out round and becomes flat and tapered moving down.
• Useful in applying the Lip gloss in a more defined way.
Feel and texture:
• Very fine and defined shine pigmentation. Unlike some glittery/shine glosses, this does not give a coarse feeling when you rub your lips together.
• Sugary/candy essence and taste.
• Little on the greasy side. It feels as if you’ve applied a very thin layer of concentrated sugar syrup on your lips. Might feel a little sticky. However, the good part is that it does not feel heavy.
• Seals the lipstick/lip colour in place. Even with lipsticks that bleed, like Coloressence lipsticks, it manages to locks the colour in place.
Hues and pigmentation:
• The shade is a delightful rose pink with undertones of coral. It has a generous amount of fine golden glitter.
• Sheer gloss with good pigmentation.
• When used with a darker/flashy lipstick/lip colour, it mutes the colour and gives a fine finish.
• Can also be used on bare lips. Gives a slight hint of rose, even for tanned lips like mine.
• This shade would suit all the Indian skin tones, yes even the dusky beauties. Does not pop out or look odd even though it has coral undertones.
• The company claims it to be 6 hours; however, the gloss lasted on my lips only for about 4 hours, although, to be fair the 4 hours included a few drinks and a heavy meal.
How it looks on me?
Pros of Rimmel London Stay Glossy Lip gloss – All Day Seduction :
• Beautiful and sturdy packaging.
• Hydrating. No need of a lip balm. Good for using over lipsticks that are drying and get flaky.
• Despite being a sheer gloss, gives a good reflection of the shade in the sun.
• Mild and sweet fragrance. Tastes good too .
• Very pocket friendly and good quantity for the price.
• Applicator gets thinner at the end. Helps in getting a defined finish.
• 24 shades to select from.
• Will suit all skin tones.
• Goes absolutely well with lipsticks without bleeding the colour.
• Very even finish.
Cons of Rimmel London Stay Glossy Lip gloss – All Day Seduction :
- Cannot build the colour. Too much of gloss will make you feel like vaseline applied over lips.
- Transfers to cups and glasses.
- Availability in India. Not sure if Walgreens ships to India.
- No ingredients list available.
with Revlon lip liner:
Will I repurchase Rimmel London Stay Glossy Lip gloss – All Day Seduction ?
Hell ya!!! I got this one as a gift from my aunt when she returned from the US. Now I am going to pester my aunt to send me more shades
This is a lovely shade that suits all the Indian skin tones and very highly recommended. Worn alone, it will give a healthy shine to the lips. I wore this on my wedding reception along with Revlon Colorstay lip liner in Chocolate shade and I did not need a lip stick to bring out a healthy colour or shine. It did not look overdone like glosses with golden shimmer generally feel. The lip gloss alone did the job. The only drawback is the availability in India. But if you have friends in the U.S., I am sure they wouldn’t mind sending or bringing them for you.
4.7/5 (Points removed for availability)
Rimmel London Vinyl Gloss – Be Dazzled
Colorbar Take Me As I Am Lipstick, True Shine Lip Gloss Photos, Swatches
Rimmel London Vinyl Gloss – Pin Up
Kate Moss Lipstick Collection from Rimmel London – 01 Lipstick Review
Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipsticks
Rimmel London Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer
Rimmel London Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer 001
Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick Pink Blush
Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation
Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick in Pink Blush and In Vogue
Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick
Chanel Coquette Rouge Allure Lipstick Review, Swatch, FOTD
Maybelline Lipstick Swatches : Watershine, Moisture Extreme, Color Sensational
Rimmel London Vinyl Jelly Gloss Lip Liner Review