St Ives Apricot Whitening Scrub Review
If any of you are in the market for a scrub, please hold back and look for St Ives whitening scrub. This is the by far the best scrub I have used in my life. St Ives always has amazing standard products to offer. I have been using this scrub for a while now and the effect is immediate, so to say. Price: Rs. 265/- when I bought it for 170 gram. (all skin types) What the product claims:
- Only St Ives captures the secrets of naturally beautiful and healthy looking skin in this deep cleansing formula that gently exfoliates, removing dull, dead skin cells to instantly reveal smooth, radiant, healthy looking skin.
- 85% natural derived ingredients
- Formulas were dermatalogically tested
- Promotes healthier- looking, glowing skin in just seven days
- It comes in huge wide tube
- The texture is very thick and creamy with enough scrub granules
- It has a menthol and zandu balm kinda very strong fragrance to it. It is very relaxing surprisingly after you use it after a hard day
- This scrub also has whitening properties. I don’t have any other scrub that claims whitening. So its an added advantage
- This tube will last you for three months at least if you scrub twice a week
- The quantity required is less than a 50 paise coin.
- It spreads well all over the face.
- Granules are big enough (comparable to everyuth regular scrub, not the mild one)
- St Ives also has other variants without the whitening properties
- The pack says its best before 12 months. More than enough!
Ingredients I liked: main ingredients are water, walnut shell powder, corn kernel meal, salicylic acid (my fave for oily skin), lanolin oil, apricot kernel oil, chamomile flower extract, sunflower extract , nigra flower extract.
Usage: moisten face and neck. Gently massage onto skin. Rinse well, dry and apply moisturiser as usual. St Ives scrub can also be used on the body.(I use the remaining scrub on my hands and it really softens my hands too!)
After effects: This leaves my skin baby soft. I don’t know how but the texture of my skin feels totally different after I use it. No scrub never has ever left my skin this creamy.(close to (Review) Lotus Herbals Berry Scrub ) I find it great enough to use every day in spite of knowing scrubbing is meant to be done once a week. But people like me with oily skin will find it too refreshing and will be tempted to use it everyday. I make sure I use it the day I wear foundation and powder as the scrub will definitely unclog pores. It really leaves my skin whiter even after single use.i have also seen that my pores look more refined. Prolonged use will have its own benefits.
Downside: The only downside is that some of you may not like the menthol scent to it. I am not sure how to explain that but it does not have regular cosmetic fragrances that most scrubs have. But the effect will make you overlook this aspect. It can be considered aromatherapy while you use it. Apart from that I don’t see any other problem with this product.
Will I buy it again? Definitely. I have actually thought of buying this scrub only, in the future after I finish my other scrubs. If it is still in stock from where I bought it, I will definitely stock up more of these. The tube is so huge and hence worth every paise. I have no complaints and this product only helped strengthen my faith in this brand. I can blindly pick up any product by St Ives as I am sure the claims will hold true.(beware of duplicates. Buy it from MORE stores or any St Ives stands at your beauty store or dorabjees if you are in pune. I guess this is imported in India by Morrison, Mumbai, not sure but that’s the tag all my St Ives products hold. Local chemists do store duplicate products of such brands)
Rating: :star: :star::star::star::star: