The Body Shop Lip Scuff Review + Photos
The Body Shop Lip Scuff
Here’s the official spiel on the Lip Scuff, from The Body Shop website:
A moisturising lip care product that gently exfoliates the lips to help remove dead skin cells, leaving the lips feeling smooth, soft and conditioned.
What it is:
In simple words, it is a lip exfoliant that comes in a retractable tube. The scuff itself is angled (just like how a lipstick is) so you can give it a good swipe over your lips. It is infused with peppermint and you can smell the peppermint straight away. There are tiny exfoliating beads in the scuff, but I am not quite sure if they are peppermint beads or something else. This is what it looks like.
How to use it:
You apply it the same way you would apply lipstick, only you don’t need to be precise about staying within the lip line. I would recommend leaving the lip scuff in for 1-2 minutes before removing with a tissue.
Here’s a swatch of the lip scuff:
What I like about The Body Shop Lip Scuff:
- I like the fact that it comes in a retractable tube. Very easy to apply, and non-messy too.
- The peppermint smell is not too strong.
- The texture of the scuff is just like a lipstick, if you can imagine a lipstick with tiny exfoliating beads in them . 🙂
- You can really feel the exfoliating beads working on your lips when you swipe the product. I don’t know about you, but I like to actually feel exfoliating beads in any lip/facial scrub working into my lips/skin.
- My lips felt smooth and supple and refreshed after wiping off the product.
- It is definitely a unique product. I have never seen The Body Shop come out with something like this before. Or maybe they have and I have been living under a rock the past few years 😛
What I don’t like about The Body Shop Lip Scuff Swatch
- The quantity. There is only 2.5g of product in the tube which is hardly anything! The size of the scuff is the same as a full sized lipstick, and yet lipsticks usually contain around 4g or so of product.
- The price tag. NZ$24.75 is a hefty price to pay for only 2.5g of product. I am really not sure how much this lip scuff would cost in India but I am assuming it would cost around the same?
- I have only used the lip scuff a maximum of 7-8 times but I have already almost finished it! It does not last very long at all. One or two swipes of the product diminishes the tube quite a bit. I am pretty sure that with 3 or 4 more uses, I will finish the scuff completely! And I was thinking this was something which would last me a while.
My final verdict:
The lip scuff does exfoliate my lips nicely and make my lips feel nice and smooth after using it. However, the heavy price tag, and the tiny amount of product for that price are a major put-off. The fact that the product doesn’t last very long either is another con.
Would I repurchase this product? Nope.
Have you used The Body Shop Lip Scuff? Please rate in the box below.