Frizzy, unmanageable hair are a nightmare for many around us. Such hair needs extra time and effort to stay as pretty as possible. The primary cause of frizz is breakage and damage caused by moisture loss and it is one of the biggest misconceptions that frizzes occur only on curly hair. Frizzy hair can be straight, curly or even wavy.
Tips to manage frizzy curly hair:
Mentioned below are some hair care tips to keep your curly hair healthy, frizz free and manageable.
• Never rub hair with a towel. This will aggravate the cuticle and cause it to stand up.
• Avoid using products with alcohol. They can dry your hair. Don’t use any products made with petrolatum oil or any other minerals as these elements can clog the pores of your scalp and retard the hair growth.
• Use a mild and non- detergent based shampoo to wash your hair. Instead of washing your hair every day, try to shampoo every other day. This is because people with naturally curly hair tend to have dry hair and over shampooing will make it worse.
• Use protein based conditioners. Protein conditioners are not very detangling. Use an additional conditioner if your hair tangles.
• Always rinse with the coldest water you can stand after using a shampoo and conditioner. The cold water “locks down” the hair cuticle and makes hair appear slicker and less frizzy.
• Never use a brush on curly hair. De-tangle hair in the shower by running a wide tooth comb through your tresses while conditioning.
• Apply an ultra-moisturizing deep conditioner to hair every week. After shampooing leave it on for 10-30 minutes before rinsing. This extra moisture will last all week, smoothing out rough cuticles & helping to repair damaged ends.
• Use a diffuser attachment if you want to dry your hair using a blow dryer. Diffusers minimize heat damage from blow dryers by distributing the harsh dryer heat more evenly throughout your hair. Don’t hold the dryer too near your head.
• Use hair serums available in the market to tame your fizzy hair. Leave-in conditioners are also very helpful in keeping your hair soft and manageable.
Some Home Remedies:
• Mix ½ cup virgin coconut oil with 1 tbs of mayonnaise in a mug. Place mug in hot (not boiling) water until warm. Apply throughout hair, focusing on lower ¾. Leave on 30 minutes and wash twice with moisturizing shampoo. This not only puts back lost oil, but increases natural shine.
• Take 1 tsp honey, 2 tbs olive oil and 1 egg yolk. Mix all ingredients in small bowl. Massage on hair in small sections and wrap your head with shower cap for 30 minutes. Rinse and shampoo as usual. It is a great homemade conditioner to tame your curly hair.
• Take one avocado, one egg and 2 tbsp. olive oil. Make a smooth paste and apply it on your hair. Rinse out after 30 minutes.
• Apply 2 to 3 drops of emu oil on your wet hair to banish frizziness.
Home Remedies For Hair Loss
Vichy Dercos Energizing Anti Hair Loss Shampoo
How to Stop Hair Loss
Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss
The Body Shop Wild Cherry Shower Gel
The Body Shop Wild Rose Hand Cream
Korres Wild Rose 24 Hour Moisturizing & Brightening Cream
Wet n Wild Eyeshadows