I have already talked about my love for tinted lip balms, but I certainly had a doubt about this one because this was green in colour, but I love the watermelon flavour and wanted this one. I have reviewed the Wet n Wild Juicy Lip Balm in Raspberry and that proved to be really amazing for me. So, read how the green one worked for me.
$2.99 for 0.26 oz
- Fun, flavored lip balm offers glossy shine with a delicious, fruity aroma.
- Enriched with aloe vera and vitamin E to leave lips soft and smooth.
- Contains SPF 15 to protect lips from harmful UVB rays.
My Take on Wet n Wild Juicy Lip Balm SPF 15 – Watermelon:
I wanted these lip balms for quite a long time now and I am so happy that I finally got them. These are some cute jumbo lip balms that by the packaging look super girly and colourful and it is so much fun to have them. I got the Raspberry and Watermelon flavours because looking at the shades I assumed that “Raspberry” would be highly pigmented in comparison to the other shades and I got the “Watermelon” one due to its packaging and the temptation that I had to try out the Watermelon flavoured one.
This balm comes in a big fat cylindrical stick, parrot green in colour and looks super cute. The stick is very handy and the top lid does not get separated from the stick, but the only problem with the packaging is when you close the lid, a lot of lip balm gets stuck onto the lid and this causes a lot of wastage. Hence I always have to be very cautious while closing the lid. The bullet of the lip balm comes in a parrot green colour and looks damn gorgeous and is pretty thick too. The texture is very thin when you start applying and it glides like a dream on the lips, but at times, I am not comfortable with such a smooth texture because it may start bleeding. After 10 minutes or so, it starts becoming buttery and thick, like other lip balms.
Now, coming to the fragrance, it smells like sweet watermelon and like the Boomer gum in watermelon flavour, so I wouldn’t mind licking it up. I was really worried about the green colour and I did not want to get green lips at all and why would anyone want that “P There was green colour on my lips as I started to glide this one. If you swipe it just once, you will not get that green colour, so I mostly swipe it just once, but still, it makes my lips looks dark as my lips are pink and topping it up with green would blend in and give a dark ugly shade. The green colour settled in the fine lines and looked awful.
So, I have decided to apply a coat of it under any bold lip colour so that the green colour is not visible, but I should say this range is really moisturizing and will keep the lips hydrated all day and additionally it has SPF 15 too.
Pros of Wet n Wild Juicy Lip Balm SPF 15 – Watermelon:
- Very affordable and travel-friendly.
- The packaging is super cute, girly and fun.
- The size is a jumbo one, so the quantity is much more compared to other lip balms.
- Four fruity variants to try out and they contain SPF 15 too.
- The balm has a sweet watermelon fragrance and lingers on for a while and it smells exactly like Boomer bubblegum in the watermelon flavour.
- It glides on very smoothly on the lips and gives a magnificent glossy shine to the lips.
- Makes the lip look healthy and the balm stays on for like 2-3 hours and then re-application is needed.
- Takes care of chapped lips.
- Does not feel heavy or waxy and can be used under matte lipsticks that are a little drying in nature.
Cons of Wet n Wild Juicy Lip Balm SPF 15 – Watermelon:
- There are some flaws with the packaging.
- Initially when you apply, the texture tends to be extra smooth which may bleed, but after 10 minutes, it starts to thicken up and become natural.
- Imparts a green colour to the lips and also the florescent green colour settles down in fine lines and looks really awful and makes my lips look dark.
Will I Repurchase Wet n Wild Juicy Lip Balm SPF 15?
No, I would not actually get this one or recommend as it gives a green colour to the lips and who would want to go out with green coloured lips and if anyone would like, you can surely take mine 😛 You could try out the “Cherry” or “Raspberry” flavours.
Wet n Wild Juicy Lip Balm in Raspberry
Wet N Wild Silk Finish Lipstick – Cinnamon
Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color
Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color – Carrot Gold
Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick in Pink Nouveau
Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick – Hot Paris Pink
Wet n Wild Mega Shield Lipstick with SPF 15 – Peachy Keen
Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick in Taj Mauve Hal
Wet n Wild Eyeshadows
Wet n Wild Natural Blend Lip Shimmer- Spice
Wet N Wild Megaslicks Lip Gloss in Cherry Glaze
Elle 18 Juicy Lip Balm in Juicy Red
Elle 18 Juicy Lip Balm in Juicy Berry Review
Burt’s Bees Honey LipBalm Review
The Body Shop Delipscious Tinted Lip Balm Photos and Swatches
Maybelline Lip Smooth Color & Care Balm SPF 16 Review, Swatches
Clinique Even Better Compact Makeup SPF 15
Kama Ayurveda Sunscreen Lotion SPF 15
Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 15
Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer With SPF 15
Revlon Custom Creations Foundation with SPF 15
Beauty Benefits Of Watermelon: Summer Skin Care Secrets
VLCC Watermelon & Bergamot Gentle Exfoliating Face Wash
Khadi Herbal Watermelon Lip Balm
The Body Shop Born Lippy Watermelon Lip Balm