Reading the result of Worst Makeup Product Ever Bought survey reminded me of a scene in ‘Jab We Met’ where Shahid Kapoor Asks Kareena to voice expletives for her ex-boyfriend. And soon all the choicest expletives came tumbling out. Well, we did the same when we conducted our ‘worst makeup product‘ survey and ask our readers to voice their reasons for naming a product as the worst product they every bought. We gave them a chance to vent out all their repressed anger, the burning desire to hit someone for making them buy that product. The worst makeup product survey became our most interesting survey it seems. In a minute you shall see why.
Normally, I’m a stickler for spelling, grammar, and presenting things in an ordered manner. But I felt that editing these responses would make them lose some of their flavor. So here it is ladies- the result of our ‘Worst Makeup Product Ever Bought’ survey. Those who still haven’t filled it are dangerously threatened to fill it or else… :pissedoff:
- maybelline dream mousse products (foundation,blush and eyeshadows): it doesnt melt onto the skin but rather falls off as flakes while applying
- ponds white beauty compact…its horrible..doesnt even blend onto the skin well
- maybelline uv whitestay compact…same reason as for ponds…
- sunscreen ultra dry sheer 50, neutrogena, made me look like an oil factory hated it
- lip balm red coloured one, biotique, smells like poison yuckk
- sunscreen spray 50, lotus, oil factory again
- Avon Slick Lip Tint – Horrible, Disgusting smell!
- Color essence Lipglosses – Medicinal smell
- VOV blushes – Terrible fallout and refuses to show up on the skin
- revlon colorstay lipgloss… i still remember the dreadful day i bought it. it pulls out all the water on your lips. and you will feel like your lips are frozen forever , very difficult to wash off..
- loreal true match foundation. it trully doesnt match!
- lakme freespirit lipstick. too very unnatural.
- Oriflame Colour Attraction Lipstick – Tender Orchid: Turned out to be complete frosty shade – No use. Just kept like that after one swatch
- Oriflame cheek stick in peach: Doesn’t impart any color, has very little shimmer that too vanishes away in 10 minutes – Total waste
- Lakme powder compact – Broke me out – End of the story!
- Coloressence Blush – well pigmented…but only on the hand..Nothing transfers on the face!
- Lush Demon in the Dark soap…I loved the smell and decided to buy it..But the damn thing doesn’t even lather and is so hard! I bruised my skin trying to lather!
- Elf Colored Lipgloss (tube packaging): I bought this with so much enthu and wore it to work the next day..I reached work, greeted my colleagues and one of them asks me ‘Zara, y are your lips so silvery?’..
- FabIndia Tea Tree Anti-Dandruff Shampoo. Gave me a flaky scalp and severe acne
- Maybelline Great Lash mascara. Gloopy mascara which always gets on my eyelids
- Hugo Purple Mist perfume. Costs a bomb and the scent lasts for 5 secs only
- Lakme’s 9 to 5 flawless makeup foundation for a price of INR 450, and its a mess. It leaves my face cakey with a ghostly appearence.
- Johnson’s baby milk lotion for INR 105, and my skin was left with red rashes (allergy) and i have to throw dat bottle away as there’s no baby around me.
- Garnier Light Fairness Face…after wash its feel very chip chip…..cheeee
- himalaya kajal …its worst as is smudge very badly
- nivea toner……….cheeeee its feel like u have put facewash on ur face without raised off
- Lakme Colorfix Duo – Too goopy, Feels like someone has unloaded a truckload of glycerine on my lips..
- Lotus Herbals Ginseng Fairness Cream because it caused a horrible dark tan on my face.
- Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse because it dried up skin horribly.
- Loreal Leave-in conditioner with pearl protein because it made my hair messy instead of conditioning it.
- NA as i have always brought product after reading the review in IMBB
- Lakme enrich lipstick, Hideous brown color for a shade named watermelon
- Maybelline unstoppable liner, Can a eyeliner pencil be more waxy?
- Lakme lip gloss, The stickiest gloss I have ever used
- lakme…eyeshadow…………..uuuffff its look very bad after apply
- lotus…teatree face pack……..its very very itchy for dry skin
- TBS….Sheer Lip Color………oh god it just waste of ur money …there is no color after 15 min
- oriflame pure color lipstick, too sheer, horrible shades that look too garish when worn
- maybelline unstoppable eye pencil, horrible pigmentation
- Foundation, Oriflame, shade mismatch
- Watershine lipstick, Maybelline, no staying power
- Shahnaz hussain gold facial – my face burst into pimples the next day
- prescriptives (US brand) cleanser, toner, moisturizer- face got rashes, marks went only after 15 days with aloe vera lotion
- revlon colourstay gloss red.. Flakes out so much on my lips waste of rs. 800
- Any lip producy from oriflame worst the liquid lipstick woth gloss on other side
- Oriflame matte foundation.. Reason I look nothing less than a ghost
- fairness face wash ,lakme,makes my skin artificially bright and dry and lifeless, hated it
- face wash dark blue, ponds, made my skin very dry
- teatree face wash, lotus, made my combi skin too dry, opens up in bag
- foundtaion revlon , too oily for my skin , wasted 700 bugs
- revlon colorstay, lipgloss, the lid was damaged, very sticky and feel heavy on lips, again asted 500 bugs
- eye and lip makeup remover, revlon, does not remove the gel eyeliner, baby oil is best eye makeup remover , again I wasted 160 bugs
- nourishing cream pappayablem, lotus, too oily, no visible results
- night cream, himalaya, just a mositurizer, no visible results. but did not brerak me out
- sunscreen, lakme, worstest ever
- lipstick, maybelline coloursensational, totally tofee, so nude and gives a washed out look. deeply regret buying it. lucky me got it exchanged
- lipstick, maybelline moisture extreme, too bright for me, got fungal infection
- foundation, revlon new complexion, wrong shade, deeply regret buying it
- tinted moisturizer, biotique, too creamy for my combi skin, did not break me out, threw it off
- fairness gel, lotus, useless thing, dont know its purpose, threw it off hated it
- eye liner, lotus, fades off easily, no coverage, poor qality, threw off
- Maybelline Mousse Foundation – I looked like clown whenver I applied this foundation..I have stop using it but its still there in my makeup bag..
- santi dandruff shampoo, pappaya white nettle oriflame, did not do what it is supposed to do
- compact,lakme 99 rs one, poor coverage, just lying unused
- compact UV stay, maybelline, whitish caste did not break me though
- Lacto calamine moisturiser, just won’t spread on the face
- Clinique foundation even tone, expensive but quality is cheap
- Loreal perfect match mineral foundation, cover like paint, sink into fine lines and make you look like a 500 years mummy
- Avon Simply Pretty Gel Foundation: Patchy, non blendable, limited shades
- Avon Simply Pretty Swirl Lipgloss: Ultra tiny volume, no value for money, sticky gloss
- Lakme 9 to 5 Creme Compact in Marble: Patchy, doesnt blend uniformly, not a compact for touch up, bad value for money
- lakme invisible finish foundation. it made me sweat horribly and it was cakey too.
- street wear color riche lipcolor in Earth. it is a horrible pale color made me look like a dead person. it smells bad too.
- e.l.f. duo mascara. it’s chunky!
- Biotique shampoo….severe hairfall
- dazzler lipstick…worst
- attitude facewash …breakouts
- Loreal sunsren UVA base….it seriously makes my face luk like ghost
- Lakme sunscreen – Makes my face luk like an oil refinery…
- Loreal Total repair shampoo—gave me hair falll!!!!
- Revlon Touch and Glow moisturising foundation ivory finish – it broke my skin pathetically…hate it loathe it
- Lakme juicy lip gloss – hate that brand and its products, they should be banned in india at least…it turned by brown lips to black
- Lakme sunscreens and moisturisers —- these should be destroyed to bits
- Ayur face scrub. Has no effect at all.
- Lotus lipstick. It gets smudged no matter how you use it. Either with lip liner or even if you use powder.
- Colorbar velvet matte-rum n raisin: wrong shade due to dimly lit counter
- lotus jojobawash-feels oily
- somi gupta’s glowsafe sunscreen powder- looks terribly white on face
- Lakme 9 to 5 Creme to powder Compact Awful texture, whitish mask like finish, freakishly costly for such low quality
- Lakme 9 to 5 Lipsticks, dry lips, flakiness, very difficult to remove
- Oriflame Lash Explosion mascara, doesn’t do anything
- revlon kajal (cz it causes eye irritation and it doesn’t stay where it should stay rather it spread on whole eye)
- Lakme Sunscreen – Broke me out !!!
- Neutrogena Face Wash – Dried my skin to its worst form
- TBS Nail Enamel – Just did not work
- Avon Skin care range- shit products
- Revlon All in one face compact- wrong shade
- Ajmal perfume & deo – was given the wrong product
- neutrogena acne wash redness soothing – did nothin to acne ..fuhget about soothing redness too
- garnier lightmatte cream, its like a cement on the face !! skin becomes shiny and oily within few hours
- maybelline dream mousse foundation its useless worthless product of the century
- eyetex kajal my eyes stings using it
- maybelline plaza pink lipstick almost make me look like a witch
- Streetwear FX cream eyeshadow, they caused painful bumps on my eyelid.
- Lakme Tropical Island Face Sheer, it made my face look oily even when it was not oily.
- Eva lush nourishing lip balm in blackcurrant burst. It makes my lips itch!!!
- Lakme Nine to Five “waterproof” eyeliner. It peels off my eyelid yet when i swatch it on my hand it will not move!
- Lotus Herbals Swift Make up. The SA said it was a concealer. It makes my skin look oily, smells weird and doesnt blend in well. It also settles into fine lines and looks horrible! The packaging sucks too.
- maybelline Colorama nail polish in “Marinho”. I really don’t know what happened. The colour looked GORGEOUS in the bottle and when i got home, it went on streaky and looked disgusting.Works nicely only for water marbling.
- Jovees Revitalising hair tonic claims to enhance the sheen, the texture and what not..and the results went nadir..it does nada for ur hair!
- Himalaya under eye cream..himalaya products never ever worked for me but being a “Dark circle” person, i needed to give it a go and thats what i did..it doesnt work..all claims are false..
- Avon Refined white toner..”oh my god”-thts what i had said the first week of its application..yes, the 1st week it works wonders..no breakouts,clear skin, smooth feel, u have it all..but i dunno what happened to it after that..i suddenly started breakin out
- lakme daily wear souffle didnt suit me and luked cakey
- elle 18 lip smoothie not at all pigmented and no staying power
- MAC (YEAH MAC) pro long wear concealer…shade no nw 40.terribly wrong shade chosen by the MUA at MAC Palladium…ives an orange tinge to my dark circle outline and emphasises them all the more…and this was my first puchase at MAC
- lakme rose crush blush …makes me look like a total circus clown …toooooo pigmented and bad texture
- maybelline dream mousse foundation- forms a white mask like layer on the face.
- Biotique kajal- gives me panda eyes
- lakme enrish satin lipsticks , some melt and become so soft and break
- lakme eyeshadows desert rose, fallout and breaks easily
- Loreal True match foundation : the SA somehow cajoled me into buying this liquid foundation, that too in a shade too dark for my skintone (n6, amber) which melted and caked off my face within an hour of application and made me look like those cartoons mad
- Lotus herbals anti acne skin gel with tea tree oil :this is not exactly makeup but this one came with huge promises of making my skin less acne-prone,instead it made my skin super greasy after each application,not to mention the weird irritating fragrance
- lakme perfecting foundation :bought for 90 bucks or so, very cheap but it broke me out more than volcanic eruptions in mt.vesuvius !!dunno why but lakme products dont suit my skin at all
- Chambor powder kohl, doesnt stay on waterline for more than 2 minutes, crazy fallout!
- Bourjois eau de gloss cosmic, bad texture, leaves lips looking glittery with no gloss after an hour
- Lakme 9 to 5 satin glide eyeshadow, Completely useless, Crease like crazy no matter what base you use or how you set it.
- Loreal Telescopic mascara, super flaky and clumpy and smudges!
- Lakme eyeshadow quartets, Good pigmentation which is useless because they dont last, fading and creasing in no time
- Covergirl Outlast lipstick, Very drying despite the balm/gloss. Flakes and goes on patchy.
- Streetwear eyeliner, not at all waterpoof, also cost me around 300Rs
- Shanaz Hussain SPF 40 Sunscreen, created pimples
- Vaseline whitening body lotion, itchy and uncomfortable sensation
Please Take These Surveys Also:
Your Cheap and Best Makeup Products
Top 3 Mascaras
Top 5 Bollywood Actresses with Good Makeup
Top 5 Favorite Kajal (Kohl) Brands
Top 5 Favorite Blushes
Top 5 Favorite Lip Glosses
IMBB Survey: Top 5 Lipsticks
Best and Worst Makeup and Skin Care Products 2010
12 Worst Fashion Faux Pas
My Worst Buy of the Season – Tathaastu
Five Makeup and Beauty Products Under Rs.100
Must Have MAC Eye Makeup Product
My Favorite Makeup & Beauty Products This November
Your Cheap and Best Makeup Products
Makeup Products I Regret Buying
How to Shop Makeup Products on eBay
If you've used this product, rate it in the box above and write the review below!
Indian women are talking about:
- somi gupta products with price
- somi gupta products review