The product I am going to review about is
Yves Saint Laurent Ombres 5 Lumieres – 5 Colour Harmony for Eyes
Bought this on my Christmas outing to the shoppers stop @ rajouri garden.
This is what the YSL official site says about the product
A five-color harmony of richly pigmented eyeshadows. Four matt, satiny or iridescent eyeshadow shades coordinated around a single colour theme can be applied alone or mixed together freely for subtle tone-on-tone looks.
The five shades can be combined in twos or threes, or stand alone for a powerful monochrome effect. This color palette features two foam applicators: a thin one for defining the lash line, and a broader one for shading and blending
- #1 Sahara
- #2 Indian Pink
- #3 Tawny
- #4 Lilac sky
- #5 Riviera
- #6 Garden of Eden
- #7 Bronze Gold
- #8 Midnight
- # 9 Parisian Sky
The one that I am going to review about is “TAWNY”
Shades include: shimmering golden orange, shimmering ivory, shimmering peach, shimmering gold, and shimmering chocolate brown
YSL 5 Colour Harmony For Eyes come in beautiful, typical gold YSL packaging. There’s a mirror on the inner side of it which is quite big and useful. The product has beautiful colors and the pigments of the darker shades are strong, so you can use just a little bit of the product each time. These colors are well coordinated you can blend them together or use them individually & are appropriate for both day and evening wear. The colours are very blendable and highly pigmented so a little goes a long way. The color stays true all day without fading or creasing.
Some pictures and swatches
(swatch 1 = not soo clear though :( )
(swatch 2= better view )
Now, coming to the pros and cons of the product
PROS of Yves Saint Laurent Ombres 5 Lumieres – 5 Colour Harmony for Eyes
- All the colours included are “THE most useful” colours as eye shadows and will go well with most of our dresses. These five shadows create endless possibilities or can be used alone too.
- The texture feels incredibly silky and blends easily.
- The colours are highly pigmented that lasts all day
CONS of Yves Saint Laurent Ombres 5 Lumieres – 5 Colour Harmony for Eyes
- Though I like the colors, I think they’re highly overpriced .For the price they just didn’t have very good color payoff, in my opinion. The colors do look intense in the packaging but when applied – nothing like that. it requires to re-apply the shade for about 3 times if you want some decent color on the eyelid. Since this is YSL and it’s a high-end brand I’d really expect more pigmented colors, at least to justify the high price
- The texture of the eyeshadows is somehow silky when touched, but on my skin they look quite chalky which I didn’t like at all. I could have got creamy eye shadows at this price :(
- @ the price(costed me Rs.3200) one can easily find a whole palette of colours.
In general, the eyeshadows are pretty and nice, but for that price I do expect much, MUCH more and I think that YSL could do better than this, that’s for sure.