Beauty oils have brought in a new revolution in beauty industry. You would find these oils in a variety of skin care and cosmetic products – be it body lotion, body butter, toners, hair care products, and even in lipsticks. These beauty oils are intensely moisturizing and hydrating. Talking about essential oils, they are highly concentrated plant and flower derivatives that are potent with medicinal and beauty benefits. Most of the beauty oils I have listed below are rich in vitamin E which is essential for beautiful hair and skin. The essential oils that I have mentioned also have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, hence can treat a variety of skin problems. Essential oils are effective because they have smaller molecular size and hence get easily absorbed by the skin and hence can work faster. Beauty oils are loaded with essential fatty acids and act effectively to heal and nourish the skin to give you clear and flawless complexion. Here’s the list of the 10 best beauty oils for glowing skin:
1. Argan oil: Argan oil is often hailed as “liquid gold” and it is used in a wide range of cosmetic products. Argan oil is rich in vitamin E, essential fatty acids, and antioxidants. It’s also great for skin as well as hair and one of the most expensive oils in the world. Argan oil nourishes and protects skin and reverses damage done to hair and skin. It also has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, also promotes scar tissue healing. Like other beauty oils, it aids in moisture retention and extremely moisturizing on skin and hair. Also, because of the antioxidants, it prevents free radical damage to skin and is therefore a good anti-ageing formula. This oil moisturizes, softens, and hydrates skin. It is an amazing beauty elixir, not greasy and gets absorbed quickly into the skin.
2. Flaxseed oil: Flaxseed oil is famous as a laxative, but did you know it can aid in hair regrowth and reduce hair fall. Flaxseed has high vitamin E content. You can use flax seed directly on the scalp as a hot oil treatment. Flaxseed oil softens rough skin, reduces inflammation, and soothes dry and irritated skin. It also moisturizes and hydrates damaged skin.
3. Olive oil: Olive oil is full of anti-oxidants, Vitamin A and E. It prevents free radical damage and in fact reverses damage done to the skin and hair. Olive oil conditions hair, adds shine, strengthens hair, and prevents damage, also prevents hair loss.
4. Coconut oil: Coconut oil is an excellent moisturizer, prevents dryness and flakiness of skin. Coconut oil can make your skin soft and smooth. Coconut oil can penetrate the deeper layers of skin and delay premature ageing and sagging of skin. On hair, it nourishes and conditions hair.
5. Avocado oil: Avocado oil is rich in vitamin A, B, D, and E. Avocado oil is an excellent moisturizer, has vitamin and potassium that can penetrate the skin, leaving it moisturized and also nourishing it from inside. You can also add one to two drops of avocado oil in your moisturizer for added benefits.
6. Tea tree oil: This oil is for those with acne-prone skin. You can apply tea tree oil directly on breakouts and it will work on them overnight to reduce inflammation. TBS has an entire range of tea tree oil for oily and acne-prone skin. Tea tree oil has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. It can kill acne-causing bacteria and prevent further breakouts.
7. Chamomile oil: Nothing works better than chamomile oil for those with sensitive skin types. Chamomile oil is an essential oil derived from the chamomile flower which has anti-inflammatory properties. It can soothe and heal sensitive and acne-prone skin. It also has flavonoids and antioxidants that act against free radical damage. Chamomile also promotes cell regeneration with healing benefits. It’s works well for acne-prone skin type because it balances sebum production and also restores hydration to skin. Chamomile oil is used in a variety of skin care products including toners, ointments, face wash, creams, etc.
8. Carrot seed oil: A lesser known beauty oil, carrot seed oil, is used to treat hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, stretch marks, and to tone skin. You can mix two to three drops of carrot seed oil in your homemade face packs or mix it with any other carrier oil and massage on the skin.
9. Almond oil: The oil derived from almonds has lots of beauty and health benefits. Since almond oil is rich in vitamin A, B, D, and E, it’s a very natural and effective way to improve the health of your hair and skin. A lot of hair care and skin care products include almond oil as their ingredient and that’s because almond oil can easily penetrate the layers of skin and provide nourishment and hydration to the cell tissues. Almond oil softens skin and regular use can also give you a flawless complexion. On hair, it can give you lustrous and healthy locks with regular use.
10. Rose oil: Rose oil derived from rose petals have anti-bacterial, antioxidant, and antimicrobial properties. Roses are also rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, omega-3 acids. Rose oil can repair scar tissues and treat blemishes. It also moisturizes and hydrates dry skin and calms down skin irritations.
Aromamagic Beautiful Skin Oil
Health & Beauty Benefits of Rose Oil
Health and Beauty Benefits of Olive Oil
The Body Shop Sweet Lemon Beautifying Oil
The Body Shop Shea Beautifying Oil
Beauty Benefits of Almond Oil
10 Homemade Fruit Face Packs For Glowing Skin
Glowing Skin Home Remedies
Yoga for Glowing Skin
Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
Homemade Papaya Face Pack For Glowing Skin
Image Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.