Periods come every month and can last for up to 2 to 7 days depending on various things. One issue that women face related to periods is regular periods. Period may be irregular when they start during puberty or when they are about to go during the menopause days, other than that, a woman should get periods on regular dates. A period cycle is usually of 28 days and a delay of 5 to 7 days considering the last date of the last month is okay. But if the period gets delayed above 35 to 37 days, then that can rightly be called an irregular period. The reason of delay might vary from woman to woman and it may be because of excessive stress, change in the contraception method, hormonal imbalance, PCOS or pregnancy. And most of the times, periods come on those days either early or late when you have a function or a wedding to attend. Hence below are mentioned some of the easy ways to treat irregular periods and get them on time on the perfect date.
1. One of the best ways to get your periods on time is to exercise daily. This helps in proper maintenance of your body hormones and also helps you to stay stress-free thereby bringing your periods on time. Also along with exercise, one of the basic tip that every woman should follow is to follow a very healthy diet. Eating healthy diet results into timely periods.
2. The second way which is very similar to exercise is to do yoga. Yoga will not only help you but also help lower down the hormones that cause irregular period. Along with bringing regularity in your period, yoga also help to reduce painful cramps and self soothe yourself during periods.
3. Also, some disorders can cause an irregularity in the periods and one of the major disorders is PCOS. A woman might not know that she is suffering from PCOS but she might actually be. And that may delay periods for more than 45 days as well. Some women complain that rather than getting periods every month, they get periods after two months. Hence consulting the doctor and talking about this problem will surely help. The doctor will also prescribe some simple medicines that will help control PCOS and will bring periods regularly.
4. Turmeric has been age old method to treat a lot of things like pimples, wounds and it is also helpful during your period. According to say, they say that rather than drinking regular tea, having turmeric tea every day helps to bring your periods regularly on the specific date. Also, it not only helps to give you regular periods but also helps with painful period cramps.
5. One more tea that is said to help to make your periods regular is spicy ginger tea although this has not been backed by science. It is just one simple home remedy that women have followed and mentioned that they have seen good results. Just boil some ginger with water for about 5 to 10 minutes, strain it and have it hot. They say ginger also helps with PMS issues like mood swings, irritation, cramps and much more and make those five days of the month a bit better.
6. Cinnamon powder and aloe vera both are also considered to be good to make your periods regular but when they are consumed together, they work even better. All you need to do is to get some cinnamon powder and aloe vera juice and store them. Wake up in the morning and make a mixture of warm water plus aloe vera plus cinnamon powder, store it well and have at least 1 to 2 glasses empty stomach before consuming anything else. This helps to treat irregular ones and also it will help your skin glow.
7. Papaya is one of the easiest ways to follow and most of you might be knowing about it. They have said that having papaya when you do not get your periods on time or having it every day helps to bring periods on time. Rather than ripe papaya, unripe papaya works better and will help you see faster results.
8. One more fruit along with papaya that can help is pineapple. Pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain that makes some changes in your uterus thus regularising your period. We usually eat fruits every day so it is best to consume pineapple and papaya if you are facing the issue of irregular period.
9. Consuming jaggery also helps if you might be suffering from anaemia which is causing delayed period. Jaggery is rich in iron which helps to increases the blood formation and hence causing regular period. Eating jaggery maybe too sweet every day and not all women might be comfortable doing it. Most of the women prefer to make jaggery water or jaggery tea by boiling jaggery in water for a few minutes and then drinking the whole glass.
10. Sesame seeds are also present in every house and sesame seeds help in reducing and balancing all the hormones of the body that might have any fact on the period. You can consume sesame seeds directly if you are comfortable with it and drink a glass full of water to avoid the bitter taste.
These are some easy home remedies to treat irregular periods and following them for complete month will surely help you bring your periods on time. Even after doing these things or following these home remedies, if the period still remains irregular, then you surely need to consult a doctor to find out the underlying cause that is causing the delayed periods.
10 Ways to Treat Post Pregnancy Hair Fall and Bald Spots
12 Ways To Treat Severe Dry Skin
7 Incredibly Easy Ways to Treat Clogged Pores
10 Effective Ways to Treat Dark Knuckles
10 Effective Ways to Treat Acne at Home
8 Common Period Problems and Their Solutions
Home Remedies for Menstruation Problems
Period Myths You Need to Stop Believing
12 Period Hacks Every Girl Should Know!
7 Ways to Soothe Yourself during Your Periods