WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Melanoma or skin cancer, like any other cancer, is quite a grievous medical condition and as such there are no natural remedies to ‘clear’ or ‘cure’ the same. Melanoma is caused due to unnatural cell divisions of the skin pigment called melanocytes. Post diagnosis, if untreated or trifled with varied experimental pseudo-scientific alternative treatments, it can lead to deterioration of health and untimely death. And although conventional treatments with radiation and chemotherapy(for those rare instances of melanoma where it occurs inside the mouth, intestines and the eye) lead to considerable discomfort and weakness, not to mention the varied other long term issues or side-effects, conventional treatments are scientific, medically approved and still the best way to go.
However, there are certain homemade/natural associated not an alternative, measures that one may also adopt, and consider pursuing, along with the conventional means while combating melanoma. If for nothing else, it might serve as a placebo – and it is well documented how important it is for the patient to have a positive mindset and psychology to further accelerate his/her prognosis. Read on to know the 10 natural remedies for Melanoma.
1. Black Raspberry Seed Oil: It is claimed that Black Raspberry seed oil has shown signs of retarding the progression of melanoma because it contains antioxidants that are alleged to improve one’s immunity. And it has been claimed by unverified sources that it is unique in its functioning as it targets carcinogenic cells specifically, in other words, the tumor itself. It is best to bear in mind that antioxidants themselves are quite incapable of doing anything against cancerous cells, although they do boost immunity. However, cancer does not happen because of lack of or compromised immunity. It is a genetic level disorder that happens on account of uncontrolled cell division, which, if left untreated, leads to nutritional death and as such oral means of immunity-boosting have practically no effect on it. Furthermore, melanoma is a skin condition that is caused due to uncontrolled cell division of melanocyte cells and thus the chances of the formation of lumps or tumors are moot.
2. Eggplant Extract: Some sources claim that eggplant extracts are quite effective in curing cancer citing a study published in the peer-reviewed medical journal Cancer Letters that showed the extract contains around 10% of solasodine rhamnosyl glycosides (BEC) that is quite effective in retarding the progression of cancers such as keratosis, basal cell carcinomas, and squamous cell carcinomas. However it is a mistake for the journal never made any such claim, it simply pointed out that solasodine rhamnosyl glycosides are present in eggplant extract and is also used in BEC in an article (dated 1825) published on nutrition and prescribed diet to follow while undergoing chemotherapy- nowhere in the article is it claimed that eggplant extract can cure melanoma or any other form of cancer for that matter. It is also prescribed by oncologists and general physicians that one should live in well-ventilated rooms when sick or undergoing treatment for such critical diseases – it will be a far-fetched exaggeration to jump to the conclusion that air cures cancer or TB.
3. Myrrh Oil: This one is reputed to cure multifarious life-threatening diseases and has been in use for thousands of years. And it has also been alleged that it can cure prostate, skin and breast cancers. Well, it might have some nutritional value and may be consumed while undergoing chemotherapy or radiation (if the doctors permit the same). However, there is no documented evidence for any one of the aforementioned claims. More importantly, if it has been in use for thousands of years and served as a potent cure for cancer of all diseases, why is cancer still plaguing us even after so many centuries of it being around, well into the 21st century.
4. Frankincense Oil: This oil also dates back to antiquity, just like myrrh oil, and is reputed to cure practically every disease under the sky, including breast, bladder and skin tumors. Although it would be prudent to note that not all tumors are cancerous and the identification of cancers in the bladder and breast did not happen prior to the 20th century when scientists proved that those life-threatening ailments were not some mysterious diseases but actually a type of cancer.
5. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is rich in anti-oxidants. It is also a great source of medium-chain fatty acids like lauric acid. This acid helps to deactivate certain signals that cause the growth of cancer cells. So, if you affected by melanoma, coconut oil can be a great help for you as a natural remedy. Use extra virgin coconut oil and have a tablespoon of it on empty stomach every morning. You can also apply coconut oil on affected areas.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar (ACV) which is a vital source of acetic acid can do much more than beautifying your skin and hair. It is a great anti-cancer drug to clear melanoma. The presence of acetic acid in ACV deprotonates in the stomach, thereby forming acetate ions which trigger antitumor activities. Thus, it helps to stop the growth and motility of cancer cells in the skin. The way to use this is to add a tablespoon of ACV to a glass of warm water. You can also add honey to the mixture. Mix it well and then drink this twice a day. A better solution is to apply this mixture to affected areas for faster results.
7. Turmeric: Turmeric is a major constituent of one of the most important compounds that are known for curing skin cancer which is curcumin. Curcumin is a powerful antioxidant that exhibits anti-cancer properties. Its antiproliferative effect on cancer cells targets head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. The way to use this is to add a few tablespoons of turmeric and water and mix them to form a thick paste. Then apply this paste on affected areas and wait for 15-20 minutes. Now wash it off. You can also have turmeric milk and consume it once every day.
8. Baking Soda: Baking soda is an alkaline compound whose basicity helps to increase the pH of your skin tumor. This sudden change in the pH value stops metastasis. Due to which, the skin cancer tumors give better reception to other cytotoxic agents. The way to use this is to add a few tablespoons of baking soda and water and mix them to form a thick paste. Then apply this paste on affected areas and wait for 50-60 minutes. Now wash it off. You can also drink baking soda(1 teaspoon) mixed with water and consume it once every day.
9. Flaxseeds: These seeds have great anti-oxidant power called lignans. The lignans help in inhibiting metastasis of cancer cells that stop the growth of tumors in the secondary stage. To have this, you need to add flaxseeds to a glass of water and have this drink every day. For better taste, you can also add honey to the solution. You can also have flaxseeds with smoothies or any dish.
10. Diet Changes: Your diet plays a paramount role in helping to clear melanoma. One must focus on having dark green leafy vegetables, fruits that a rich source of Vitamin C, fish rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. One should also have herbs rich in antioxidants like rosemary, sage, parsley, and basil. In addition to that, have foods like nuts, citrus fruits, milk, egg yolk, and mozzarella cheese. You should also avoid processed foods. Red meat, alcohol, junk foods, sugary items and intake of nutritional supplements should also be taken in restriction.
We hope this article will prove instructive and be instrumental in removing misconceptions regarding cancers, melanoma and other types. Beloved readers, kindly share your thoughts in the comments section below.
We pray for your long and healthy life- stay pretty you all.