WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Have you ever felt the intense desire to consume a specific food even though you are not feeling hungry? If you have such situations regularly then you are dealing with what is called ‘Food Carvings’.
Fortunately, it isn’t a very big issue which can not be dealt with. With some planning and self control such carvings can be successfully controlled and stopped.
Causes of food cravings:
Following are the various causes of food carvings.
• Emotional causes like stress, depression, boredom etc.
• Hormonal imbalance
• Blood Sugar Imbalance
• Low Blood Sugar (Blood Glucose)
• Adrenal Fatigue
Tips to reduce food carvings:
• Never skip breakfast: After the whole night starvation our body needs energy in the morning, so whatever we eat will be burned down and stored in the form of fat by our body. Our blood sugar levels will fall too low if we skip meals, which in turn will accelerate food cravings, overeating and even binges.
• Eat in moderation: Do not deprive yourselves from the pleasure of eating food but instead try to eat in moderation. Eat small meals six times a day as this helps to control blood sugar and helps our metabolism to burn calories at an efficient rate.
• Increase the intake of high-fiber foods: High-fiber foods should be consumed especially at night. In case you want to reduce food carvings then your dinner should consist mainly of lean proteins and fibrous carbs like veggies, fruits, and salads. The fiber will keep you feeling full longer and reduce any cravings you may get before bedtime.
• Reduce the intake of refined white flour, heavily processed or high sugar foods like sodas, sweets, candy, cookies and cakes etc.
• Avoid too much sugar or salt intake as they can make your cravings worse.
• Reduce your intake of drinks that act as stimulants: Overconsumption of stimulants like sugar, caffeine, sodas etc should be avoided as they can cause fluctuations in blood sugar. In place of regular teas opt for herbal teas or diluted pure fruit juices.
• Should avoid late night eating: Stop eating 2-3 hours before you go to bed. More than that and you’ll get too hungry – and you’ll be much more likely to give in to your cravings. Less than that and you won’t have enough time to burn the calories before you go to sleep.
• Reduce your intake of packaged, processed or junk food.
• Exercise daily: Engage yourself in some form of physical activity. Exercise significantly improves mood by releasing endorphins into the bloodstream, and will definitely help you to control your urge to eat.
• Drink water: Dehydration confuses the body and will often make it feel hungry, especially if it’s cool out. A small glass of water each hour will not only keep you hydrated but will also keep your stomach full and reduce food carvings.
Weight Loss WIth Fruit Diet
Pregnancy: Diet to Conceive a Baby Girl
Diet Foods: Five healthiest foods to include in your diet
Blood Type Diet: Diet For Your Blood Group
Pregnancy Diet for Conceiving a Baby Boy
10 Essential Diet Foods
How to Lose Weight in 4 Weeks- Diet Chart