WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Dry and flaky skin does not look good be it on our face or hands. People do what not to treat and pamper their facial skin but, often ignore the care their hands require.
Not only abrasive, scratchy and rough hands painful they are an embracement too.
The problem of dry and cracked hands is faced by housewives the most. After all they have so much work on hand. Anyway mentioned below are few tips that would help anyone facing the problem of cracked and callused hands.
Tips to Treat Cracked and Callused Hands:
• Add some soda bicarbonate in a bowl of warm water. Soak your hands in the water for 10 minutes. Rinse hands thoroughly, and apply petroleum jelly or any hand cream. This method is very effective in softening the skin as well as reducing the itching.
• Every night before going to bed, massage the dried skin of hands with olive oil. The active ingredients of olive oil will retain the lost moisture, and it will also prevent the growth of microbes in the cracks.
• Wash hands during the day with a gentle cleanser that will not dry the skin further. Check the ingredients on the cleanser to make sure it is alcohol-free. Dab a little extra lotion onto your hands after each wash.
• Use an exfoliant once a week to remove dead skin. Be gentle on your hands. You can make a mild scrub at home by grinding 1 cup of uncooked oats into fine powder. Gently massage your hands with this powder to remove dead skin cells. Apply a thin layer of hand cream after rinsing your hands. Reapply hand cream after couple of minutes to soften skin.
• Mix together some granulated sugar and fresh lime juice. Apply this paste onto the hands and allow the mixture to work on the skin for a minute or so. Rinse your hands and pat your hands dry. Apply a good hand cream after doing so. The sugar will exfoliate the skin’s surface and the lime juice will reduce dark spots.
• Just take one or two vitamin E capsules, and apply the oil in it onto your cracked hands. Wear cotton gloves and leave the oil on your hand overnight.
• Pure jojoba oil, coconut oil, cocoa butter and shea butter are superb natural moisturizers. Before going to bed, moisturize your hands with small amount of any of these. When you wake up, you will find your skin smooth and soft.
• Always wear gloves to protect your hands while washing the dishes or doing any task that requires dipping the hands in water. Wearing vinyl gloves, not latex or rubber, keeps your hands safe from coarse materials.
• Beat the egg yolk and apply it on the hands. Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
• Mix 2 tbsp of mayonnaise and a tsp of baby oil. Apply this on dry cracked hands and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse it off.
L’Occitane Hand Gel and Hand Creams Review
Lush Smitten Hand Cream Review
Skin Care for Hands: How to Keep Your Hand Beautiful and Soft
My 6 Hand Care Products for Winter
Chandra Dry Skin Moisturizing Lotion Review
Skin Care for Dry Skin- 1
Dry Skin Care: Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Home Remedies for Cracked Heels