WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Snoring is the sound which occurs when the soft palate (the back of the roof of the mouth) vibrates when it relaxes during sleep.
As a child I used to sleep with my grandmother and needless to say I had my share of sleepless nights. At first I thought that I am the only victim in the room. It was sometime later that I realised that she too did not sleep peacefully. Well how could she when I used to poke her every now and then in a desperate attempt to stop the live rock concert.
Snoring does not harm anyone physically. Yet if not treated may lead to the root cause of fatigue, exhaustion, tiredness and weakness. The reason of all this being the lack of proper sleep.
Tips to stop snoring:
• Lose weight: Extra pounds causes the neck and nasal areas to be swollen and puffy, which in turn increase the snoring problems. Losing weight can reduce fatty tissue in the back of the throat and decrease the chances of vibration.
• Reposition: Elevating your upper body may ease breathing. Try a specially designed pillow to make sure your neck muscles are not crimped. Also, try sleeping on your side as it reduces the intensity of sound created while snoring.
• Quit smoking: If you smoke, your chances of snoring are high. Smoking causes increased nasal congestion and mucous in the throat area.
• Say no to alcohol: The soft tissues and muscles in the throat are relaxed with the consumption of alcohol, leading to snoring. So avoid or at least reduce the intake of alcohol.
• Keep bedroom air moist: If your have allergies or deal with sinus problem, then keep a humidifier or saline solution in your room to deal with snoring. Dry air can irritate membranes in the nose and throat.
• Don’t’ eat a big meal before going to bed.
• Try avoiding dairy products in the evening: For some people eating dairy products in the evening may increases mucus build-up in throat, which can contribute to the snoring process.
• Clear nasal passages: Having a stuffy nose makes inhalation difficult and creates a vacuum in your throat, which in turn leads to snoring. Try nasal decongestants or to help you breathe more easily while sleeping.
• Set up regular sleep patterns: Poor sleeping habits do contribute to snoring, so make an effort to establish a regular sleeping schedule and avoid snoring problem.
• In boiling water, place a bunch of sage and let it steep. Allow it to cool. Before going to bed, strain this mixture and gargle with the liquid. This will prove effective in reducing snoring.
• Instill 3-4 drops of warm brahmi ghee (clarified butter) or plain ghee in each nostril in the morning and before going to bed. It is very effective in snoring treatment.
Snoring won’t go away over night with these tips. Be a little patient and follow them regularly to combat noisy nights.
How to Deal with Midlife Crisis
Attractive Body Language
Stress Management: How to Deal with Stress
10 Great Habits for Healthy Lifestyle
Most Annoying Habits of Husbands
How to Overcome Jealousy