It is so difficult to retain your beauty and still be remembered for it particularly in bollywood where we easily forget beauties who enthralled us in their youth but lose their charm by the time they age. Very recently the famous and glamorous Mumtaz was reported saying that she doesn’t have any complaints from life except loneliness.
But there are many lovely women out there who have reversed the clock of time. Women who tell us that beauty indeed is skin deep and doesn’t necessarily get wrinkled with age, pollution and time.
We do see many ladies all around us who look amazingly simple yet beautiful in their sixties and beyond but here I have chosen women who have had a successful career and who are above fifty and who have spent lot of time in makeup, sun and sand – things that are known for deteriorating your skin in the long term. Read on and please let me know your opinion. I would be glad to hear from you and also let me know who is your first pick from the list.
1. Rekha – She emerged as the unanimous topper of the list. Born in 1954, she is almost 60 now but still looks like in her 30s. She won the national award for her role in the movie Umrao Jaan and also won Filmfare awards twice. If you have watched Silsila, you can not escape from falling in love with her ethereal beauty. This is a picture from one of her latest looks. Look at the picture below of two generations and you know why Rekha has topped the list.
2. Wahida Rehman – She was barely 16 when she was first spotted by Guru Dutt who then offered her a role in the cult movie Pyaasa. Though many say she was a reason of Guru Dutt’s separation from Geeta Bali (a subject I have read a lot on), but we will leave that aside and focus on her beauty only. She also won a national award for her movie Reshma aur Shera and won Filmfare best actress award twice. Watch her in the movie Rang De Basanti where she looked elegant.
3. Hema Malini – Oh my god! She is real beauty I must say. I could never understand what Lalu Prasad had once claimed about Bihar’s roads. He had said, ‘Bihar ka sadak aisa hai jaisa Hema Malini ka gaal’. And now when I am in 30s struggling to get an even tone, glowing skin I totally know what he meant. She is 64 but still looks much prettier and more beautiful than her young daughters. No wonder she is still the dream girl and she, along with Amitabh Bachchan, won the award for the best onscreen couple for the movie Baghbaan.
4. Sridevi – Okay, she is not 50 yet but I have still included her in the list because this August she enters in her 50s. And I will not write much about her as we all know what a legend Sridevi has been. I loved her in Mr. India, Chandini and Sadma. But today whenever I see her in the ad for Vanish, I always exclaim ‘what a beauty!’
5. Nafisa Ali – Yeah, she is not from Bollywood, main Bollywood I mean. But when I watched her in the movie ‘Life in a metro’, I was head over heels over her simple, broad smile. Many may not know that she was a Miss Indian in 1976 and runners up in Miss International contest.
6. Neetu Singh – Indeed she was not too famous for her beauty in her younger years but now she looks classy. She along with her husband Rishi Kapoor won the award for the Best onscreen chemistry in the movie Do Dooni Chaar. Her clean face and glowing skin speak for her beauty. And would you believe if I tell you that she is 54!
7. Sonia Gandhi – I am ready for brick bats, if any. But I am a fan of this woman. No, not for her political sense but for the woman she is. Dignified, classy, elegant and graceful. She is from Italy, a country known for handsome hunks and not-so-good looking women, but she definitely gets my vote on beautiful women. She is above 65 and still would make many of us go into inferiority complex.
8. Sheila Dixit and JayaLalitha – Just like Sonia Gandhi, I am also quite impressed with Ms. Sheila Dixit. And no, I am not a supporter of congress. I dont support any political party but I do like some of our able politicians. She is 75 years old and still walks with a grace and class that we can hardly match up with. I would be more than delighted if I look as graceful and beautiful as her even as I walk on my 50s or 60s. And Jayalalitha, a former film actress, is glamorous even at the age of 65.
9. Sharmila Tagore – This 65 year old woman was a trend setter in her twenties. She was among the first women to wear a bikini on Indian Cinema. The dashing Nawab Pataudi didn’t fall in love with her for nothing. She was awarded the national award for best actress for her movie Mausam. She was surely beautiful in her latest movie ‘Eklavya’.
10. Jayaprada – What honor can be greater than that of being called as the most beautiful woman by Satyajit Ray? Jayaprada, 50, has had the honor. An active politician, she still looks breathtakingly lovely.
I am sure I may have missed many beauties, so please be kind to list them in the comments. The above list is an ode to the women who are my inspiration as far as beauty goes.
10 Most Beautiful Indian Women Ever
8 Bollywood Actresses who have Undergone Plastic Surgery
Top 5 Youtube Videos on Bollywood Celebrities Without Makeup
Quotes on Women, Makeup and Beauty
What Attracts Women To Men
Eyes: Eye Makeup for Older Women
50 Most Beautiful Women in the World