WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Today’s post is about these 11 beauty foods that are somewhat unusual for this list, but are surprisingly good for your skin. When we think of the typical beauty foods, food items such as yogurt, walnuts, tomato, strawberry, green tea, etc. come to mind. This list of beauty foods contains 11 items that are not always featured on beauty food lists, but they can certainly work wonders for your skin in more ways than one. Let’s take a look at what these foods are.
1. Kiwi: This tiny and delicious little fruit is packed with a whole lot of Vitamin C, which can more than meet your daily needs of the vitamin. It helps build collagen and keeps your skin looking radiant and youthful by taking care of the fine lines.
2. Pumpkin: Once the pumpkin is cooked, it becomes a rich source of beta-carotene. Beta-carotene promotes the growth of skin cells and keeps your skin smooth and wrinkle-free.
3. Chickpeas: Chickpeas or channa is a low-glycemic food, which means that it helps keep acne, redness and inflammation on the skin in check.
4. Sunflower seeds: Another wonder food for acne-prone skin, sunflower seeds is loaded with Vitamin E. These seeds help boost immunity and fight bacteria and inflammation that can lead to acne.
5. Orange peel: In addition to the fruit, the peel of orange is also a miraculous beauty food. A compound called limonene is found only in the peel of orange (not in the fruit or in its juice), which helps protect your skin against UV damage.
6. Red Wine: Red wine is packed with antioxidants, some of which can help heal skin lesions caused by long-term sun damage. Of course, in the case of wine, the key is to consume it in moderation.
7. Carrot: Carrots contain carotenoid, which is known to boost the natural glow in your skin, leaving it looking healthy, plump and radiant.
8. Eggs: Eggs contain a high amount of protein and a small but ideal amount of fat. The Vitamin D as well as the essential fats in the yolk and the protein the egg white is an ideal combination for the skin, keeping it firm, youthful and clear.
9. Dark chocolate: Dark chocolate contains flavanols, which are known to improve blood circulation and keep the skin hydrated. Eating a small amount of dark chocolate (that is low on sugar) everyday can do wonders for your skin.
10. Soy: Japanese women include a lot of soy in their diet, and their skin stands testimony to the beauty wonders of this food. Soy improves the elasticity of the skin and helps maintain collagen, thereby keeping the skin looking youthful.
11. Kale: Kale contains loads of Vitamin C and Vitamin A, both of which are great for your skin. It also has powerful ingredients that help neutralize free radicals and protects your skin from UV damage in ways that even your sunscreen can’t. The best part is that homemade kale chips are the easiest to make and are such a tasty and nutritious snack!
Incorporate some of these foods into your diet and you will see a marked improvement in your skin.
In addition to these foods, drinking a lot of water (and coconut water), keeping a check on your junk food intake and exercising regularly will all go a long way in keeping your skin clear, youthful and healthy.
Top 11 Skin, Hair And Nail Beauty Foods for Brides
5 Amazing Green Foods for Health and Beauty
Foods that Break Down the Belly Fat
10 Tips to Reduce Food Cravings
10 Simple Ways To Better Skin
5 Nourishing Coconut Milk Recipes for Better Health, Skin and Hair