Today’s post is for those of us who have dry skin type that is particularly prone to patchiness. Choosing a foundation for skin types that tend to get dry patches or flakiness can be particularly hard. Many foundations are infamous for actually clinging to these dry patches and accentuating them further (rather than concealing them). Sometimes, this can be the case despite using a good moisturizer underneath. For those of us who have this problem, it is essential to exfoliate the skin, use a deeply restorative moisturizer and apply a hydrating primer underneath the foundation.
As for the foundation, it is particularly important for you to choose one that is specifically designed for your skin type. Stay away from longwearing, full coverage and matte foundations. Instead, opt for deeply hydrating and buildable foundations that don’t accentuate your dry patches.
Here is a list of the 11 best foundations available in the market that can help you conceal and hydrate dry patchy skin:
1. MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation: This super lightweight, water-based foundation has a dreamy texture that glides onto the skin, provides light coverage (buildable) and smoothens out any dry patches.
2. Armani Beauty Maestro Fusion Makeup: Very smooth and very bendable, this luxurious foundation provides your skin with a soft matte finish while keeping it smooth and hydrated.
3. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation: This cult classic foundation from NARS provides a gorgeous luminous finish to the skin and is an excellent choice for those with dry, patchy skin.
4. Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel: If you’re on the lookout for something super hydrating and lightweight with a balmy finish, this one from Bare Minerals is a great choice. It’s gel like texture is perfect for patchy skin.
5. Make Up For Ever Water Blend Foundation: This foundation is 80% water, which means that it’s super hydrating, lightweight and keeps the skin supple without getting greasy.
6. The Body Shop Moisture Foundation SPF 15: One of the best-selling foundations from The Body Shop, this one hydrates and protects the skin and doesn’t cling to any dry patches.
7. Bobbi Brown Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm: If you’re looking for a rich, creamy balm and a foundation in one, then this one from Bobbi Brown is a real find. It applies smoothly, works like a moisturizing cream and provides coverage like a foundation.
8. Suqqu Extra Rich Cream Foundation: This ultra-luxurious foundation from Suqqu is totally worth the splurge if you have thirsty, dry and patchy skin.
9. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation: This one is a gem from the drugstore. It is lightweight, gel-based and super hydrating and can easily compare with any high-end foundation.
10. By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Foundation: This premium foundation by By Terry is definitely worth the money. It is an excellent option for dry, patchy skin and for mature skin. It provides medium to full coverage that is buildable, glides on to the skin smoothly and keeps it hydrated all day long.
11. Chanel Vitalumiere Satin Smoothing Fluid Makeup: This luxurious foundation from Chanel will give you a soft, dewy and radiant finish while keeping your skin moisturized.
Best Foundations For Uneven Skin Tone
9 Best Foundations for Oily, Acne Prone Skin
7 Best Foundations for Dry Skin
30 Best Foundations to Transform Your Skin in Seconds
23 Best Foundations for Indian Bridal Makeup
9 Best Foundations to Cover Acne Scars
7 Best Non-Oxidizing Foundations for Oily Skin