Though menstrual cycle is a sign of healthy female body but still when it knocks on our door we feel anything but healthy. It gifts every girl with at least one problem like mood swings, terrible breakouts or painful cramps. And to make it worse we treat period as something that doesn’t exist and feel too embarrassed to admit or talk about it even in case of emergency. We try to come up with creative strategy every month to hide this unspoken truth from the world. The funniest thing is we treat sanitary napkins like bomb while carrying it to washroom or buying a packet from the shop. Some of these things and attitude will take time to change but you can definitely make you period life bit easy with these following hacks:
1) Good news for red wine lovers. Prostaglandins, the culprit we curse every time when we get those painful cramps. It is actually a hormone like compound which causes cramps during that time of month. Recently, in a study conducted on rats revealed that resveratrol helps in reducing uterine contractions which is caused by the elevated levels of prostaglandins. Red wine contains resveratrol and therefore, half a glass of red wine will keep you miles away from cramp. Well periods will not be that bad for us if we get red wine as medicine 😉
2) Do You Forget Your Period Dates Often? Download app on your mobile which will keep track of your period dates. These apps also predict your next period date and will remind you before the 2 days. They are many apps and most of them are free. So do give it a try and save yourself from the stress.
3) If you think that taking that bomb (read sanitary napkin) to washroom is going to be difficult for you then paste one sanitary napkin over another. Use thin sanitary napkins for your comfort and this is also useful on heavy flow days.
4) If you’re wondering how to take that pad to bathroom without anyone noticing it then use a dry non transparent small plastic bottle or travel mugs. Fold your pad and insert it inside the bottle and carry it to your destination confidently. People around you may find it weird but nobody will know the reason for your emergency visit to washroom.
5) Do you know why ugly pimples adorn our face especially during that time? One of the reasons is our face becomes more oily. Use products that contain salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide to exfoliating your skin. This will help to remove excess oil and will give you at least 2-3 less pimples than the usual numbers.
6) According to a recent research, you can almost vanish all your period problems by consuming 1200mg of calcium daily.
7) If you’re that girl who needs to drink 4-5 mugs of coffee a day then you really need to cut on your caffeine intake to minimize the pain.
8) Do you feel too lazy and tired always during your period? To feel active you need to consume 46 grams of proteins daily. Protein gives you more alertness and energy than sugar.
9) Avoid salt as much as possible 2-3 days before your period to avoid bloating.
10) If you have trouble sleeping at night because of cramps then expert says, lavender essential oil can help you to sleep well at night. Just drop few drops on your pillow before sleeping and have a good night sleep.
11) An aromatherapy tactic to ease your pain – 2 drops of lavender + one drop of clary sage oil + one drop of rose + 1 teaspoon of almond oil mix them all together in a bowl and massage your abdominal with these combination.
12) Keep dark chocolates always inside your bag. We lose heaps of magnesium when we bleed and dark chocolate help in regaining our magnesium level.
Hope these hacks make your period life at least bearable and pain free. What are the things that annoy you about period? Also, do you have any period hacks to share with us?
Home Remedies for Menstruation Problems
10 Things You Should Never Say to a Woman on Her Periods!
Period Myths You Need to Stop Believing
How I Treated My PCOS and Hormonal Acne with Spearmint Tea
All About “Those Days of the Month” – Facts, Foods, and Ways To Handle Mood Swings
21 Genius Beauty Hacks Every Girl Should Know
10 Beauty Hacks with a Toothbrush!! The Beauty Tool You Never Knew Existed!!
8 Most Amazing Makeup Hacks That Blew Up the Internet in 2015!
WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP AND DIY VIDEOS AND READ IMBB COMPLETELY AD FREE. DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!