WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
By Chanchala Bose
There are a number of things that IMBB has taught us. One of them using lemons. Lemon is a multi-purpose ingredient and we have tons of articles on how to use lemons and lemon juice for hair, skin and body. But, as they say, the excess of everything is bad. The same goes for lemon juice. Here are the reasons why you need to be careful while using lemon juice in any form.
1. For dry skin – lemon is known to dry out your skin more. So, if you are a dry skinned girl, then try to restrict the use of lemon. Otherwise, you might end up with dry and flaky skin.
2. For breakouts or pimples – since lemons have acidic elements in them, they can cause reactions on your acne and pimples. It can cause further bleeding or severe breakouts which can leave marks on your face for a longer duration of time.
3. For dry hair – many people, like me, use lemon directly on their scalp in order to get rid of dandruff. But, did you know lemons can make your hair really dry? So, skip lemons in your DIY recipes if this is your issue.
4. Degraded dental condition – acidic food products can cause a tingling sensation on your teeth. Hence, lemon juice in major qualities can damage your teeth.
5. Uneasiness – drinking too much of lemon juice causes a burning sensation in your chest. It causes uneasiness and burning feeling in your chest. And this health condition can lead to serious health repercussions too.
6. Upset tummy – drinking too much of lemon water can upset your tummy too. It can reduce your digestion power and can cause you stomach pains or even worse.
7. Dehydration – lemon juice will enlarge your bladder and you will end up rushing to loo every now and then. But, after some point of time, you will end up feeling all dehydrated. So make sure you drink a lot of water on days when you intake lemons.
8. Kidney or gall bladder issues – lemons or lemon seeds and juices are known to be bad for your kidney and even gall bladder. They may cause serious health issues, which can even lead to health implications.
9. Melts bones – the continuous use of lemon juice can actually melt your bones in the long run. So, beware of drinking lemon juice for the long run.
10. Future complications – many of us opt for lemon juice with honey on an empty stomach. But did you know this so called healthy habit can cause serious health issues and medical complications? By serious health issues, I mean that this habit can affect your reproductive system.
11. Discolored skin – using too much lemon on your skin can cause serious discoloration. Your skin will appear darker at some part and lighter at some other parts.
12. Photosensitivity – using too much of lemon juice can make your skin photosensitive in the long run. After using too much of lemon juice, for a prolonged period of time, don’t step out in sun without sunscreens.
So, that was all about lemons and their side effects. Let me know if you loved the article in the comments down below.
12 Incredible Head to Toe Uses of Almond Oil
Maybelline White Superfresh 12HR Whitening + Perfecting Compact
Maybelline Colorsensational Vivids Lipstick – Shocking Coral
Shocking Facts About the Beauty Industry
Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Effect Foundation
Side Effects of Using Pore Strips
Rose Water, Lemon and Honey Pack for Pimples – DIY
Khadi Herbal Shampoo Honey and Lemon Juice
5 Best Homemade Lemon Face Packs
Image Source: 1, 2, 3, 4