Dry, frizzy hair look extremely unattractive and are super unmanageable as well. In an attempt to get lustrous, glossy locks people load their hair with countless number of products, which results in further dry and lifeless hair.
Today the hair care market is flooded with a variety of products to overcome the problems of dry hair. Though they are more convenient to use and take less time to show results yet I prefer to rely on dadi, nani nuskhe to solve this problem. Home remedies can certainly help to sort out dry hair problem to a great extent. The results may not be instant yet the effect will be permanent.
Tips for dry hair:
Given below are some tips that might help you to regain the lost charm of your crowning glory.
• Avoid the use of shampoo everyday in your hair. Over shampooing can wash away the hair’s protective oils and make them dry and frizzy.
• Take castor oil or coconut oil and add a teaspoon of lavender essential oil in it. Heat this mixture a little. Massage it gently in your scalp. Leave it overnight. Shampoo your hair in the morning. Follow this routine at least twice a week.
• Take 3 eggs, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon vinegar. Mix these ingredients together. Apply it on your hair and cover with a plastic cap. Leave it on for 30 minutes. Then shampoo as usual.
• Apply mayonnaise onto your hair. Rub it in down to your scalp and then cover with a plastic cap. Wait for about 30 minutes. Rinse it out thoroughly. Use a mild shampoo.
• Take six ounces of warm sesame or soy oils. Add six drops of lavender, bay and sandalwood essential oils in it. Apply this oil on your hair and leave for 15 minutes.
• Drench hair in apple-cider while in the shower and rinse with cool water. After this, apply a deep – conditioning treatment.
• Apply natural honey on your hair and scalp. Leave it on your hair for about half an hour and then wash it with a very mild shampoo.
• Avoid over brushing as it can actually break hair and make them dry.
• Leave in conditioners and detanglers can be used get any knots out of your hair.
• Use a non alcohol based shine product. Also avoid using hair styling tools as they dry out hair and make them frizzy.
• Always drink plenty of water and eat a balanced diet of good proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Vitamin and mineral supplements can also be taken for treating dry hair.
• Always try to cover your hair when going out in the sun.
Which is your favourite hair care product?
Hair Care 1: Structure of Hair
Hair Care 2: Shampoo and Conditioner
Hair Care 4: Tips for Dry Hair
Frizzy Hair: Causes, Treatments, Products, Home Remedies
Hair Serum: All about Hair Serums
8 Tips to Cure Split Ends
Split Hair Ends: Home Remedies and Treatment