WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Does your pungent body aroma announce your presence in a room? Do people gift you deodorants every year on your birthday? Do people avoid sitting next to you? If the answer to the above questions is ‘Yes’ then you are gripped by the most unlikable thing – Body odour.
Body odour is an embarrassment or humiliation which many face from time to time. One day while traveling via Delhi metro I came across a very awkward moment. A lady standing right next to me, in a jam packed metro, was smelling like a rotten egg. Sorry to use such a word for a person but she really was no better than that. I was forced to bear that torture for about 20 minutes.
Body odour may be caused due to any serious illness, strong medications, fungal infections, liver problems, kidney diseases, alcoholism, cavities, zinc deficiency, toxin presence in the body or even lack of hygiene.
Tips to Get Rid of Body Odour:
• While bathing, add alcohol or white vinegar to a mug of water. Use it to rinse the armpits. This reduces the pH of the skin and eliminate armpit odour.
• Mix two drops of the tea tree oil (essential oil) and one ounce of water. Pour this in a spray-top bottle and use as a deodorant. Since tea tree is an antibacterial herb, it would act favorably in preventing body odour.
• Mix 10 drops of your favourite essential oil in 30 ml water. Apply this mixture on the armpits to reduce body odour.
• To prevent body odour, drink a glass of water in the morning, on an empty stomach, along with 500 mg wheat grass. The chlorophyll present in the grass will help in reducing body odour.
• Mix some baking soda with lemon juice. Apply it on your armpits. Let it stay for few minutes and then wash it off. Baking soda can also be used as a powder to absorb chemicals and remove body odours.
• Boil some mint leaves in 4 cups of water. Add this water to your bath water. Keep some aside for a special dousing for your armpit.
• Drink a cup of sage tea daily. It is very effective in reducing the activity of sweat glands and minimizes the body odour.
• Rub few potato slices on your underarms. Wait for it to dry and wash it. Check the freshness for the whole day.
• Curb your coffee and tea intake. Caffeine can stimulate the autonomic nervous system, which regulates sweating.
• Add some sage leaves in a juice of 1 medium size tomato. Apply it on your underarms. Let it stay for 10 minutes and then wash it off.
• Add a tablespoon of honey to lukewarm water for the final rinse. It will help in keeping the body odour in check.
• Always use antibacterial soap while bathing.
Do you have any more suggestions to get rid of body odour?
5 Steps of Preventing Body Odor in Men
The Body Shop Deodry Deodorant Stick Review
The Body Shop Lemongrass Deodorising Foot Spray Review
Victoria’s Secret Sweet Temptation Body Mist Review
The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Mist Review
The Body Shop Aqua Lily Body Mist Review
The Body Shop White Gardenia Body Mist Review
Bacterial Vaginosis in Women