“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”
– Maya Angelou
Success and failures are like two sides of a same coin. Before achieving success, we have to stumble upon failures quite a few times. Success always receives hero’s welcome from everyone whereas, nobody accepts failure gladly.
Therefore, when you find yourself bumped into failure; these are the few things you need to remember…
1) Think logically and be practical. Accept that it is not humanly possible to never encounter failures in life.
2) Accept your failure. I am not saying that you’ve to throw party and celebrate with friends. But if you accept the truth then only you’ll be able to see things clearly. Failure will be mere an opportunity for you to grow. Don’t make it your ego issue.
3) Try to find out the things that led to failure. It’s just a sign that you need to master those lessons.
4) Create your own definition of success. Everyone’s definition of success is different. Don’t follow other people definition of success. For some it might be gazing at nature; taking the beauty within and for some it might be ruling the world under their leadership. Set your own goals and try achieving them.
5) The most dangerous disease that we often caught while coming face to face with failure is comparing ourselves with others. Be your own competitor. Not only it is morally wrong to compare but also you’re degrading yourself. Ask yourself what is affecting you more, your failure or other people’s success? Remember you were not there when they were struggling to become successful.
6) Remember you’re your own inspiration. You don’t have to look anywhere else for it. Think about your past failures and how you overcame those. Doesn’t it bring smile on your face and make your life story more interesting?
7) Don’t give up. Try little harder every time. It will only make the dish of success more delicious!
8) Don’t be ashamed of other people’s judgment. Those who love you will not judge you.
9) Never doubt your capabilities. No matter how difficult the road is, tell yourself always, “YES! I CAN AND I WILL”!
10) Hang a board outside your room or at your work stations “CAUTION: A BETTER ME IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION”! 😀
11) Failure is a sure sign that you challenged yourself to do something out of your comfort zone. You might have failed but this also means progress. Those who never do anything, never fail.
12) Your target should be to give your 100% always. Do you remember that Shloka from Bhagawad Geeta saying “Just do your duty and never think about the fruits of result”. You may find it too philosophical but it actually does work. After giving your best, if you still face failure then it wouldn’t affect you. Because you know that you gave your best and did everything that you could do. And this thought itself will make failure bearable. Steve Jobs once said, “If I try my best and fail, well, I tried my best.”
13) Choose a subject/job that makes you happy. If you’re passionate about what you’re doing or studying then success will follow automatically. And, if it’s like burden for you then you need to switch lanes, my dear!
14) Though I am not fond of self help books but inspirational books based on true stories like Life without Limits by Nick Vujicic can really help. Also, listen to motivational speakers online. I am sure it will motivate you a lot.
A little change in your attitude towards failure will take you to the mountain of success. We must handle our failures as carefully and proudly as we handle our success. Failures can either make you or break you depending upon how you deal with it. Don’t lose faith and confidence in yourself no matter how many times you fail. Once when I was still in school, I failed in my math’s exam. I was too scared how my parents will take it but I remember my father saying, “Even Sachin Tendulkar sometimes gets out at zero run. May be it was just not your day. Tomorrow is a new day to try again.” I think about those words while coping with failure. How do you cope with your failures? Please share with us in the comment section.
Lust For Life
25 Things A Woman should Do Once In Her Life
10 Simple Things To Do For An Improved Life
Life Before IMBB
Mid-Life Crisis In Women- A Crisis Is It?
That thing which nearly killed my life…