WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Nail polishes fill our life with colors. There is a color for every mood and every event for us. Even the beginners feel confident in flaunting their colorful nails because they know that they cannot go wrong or over do this one thing in the makeup world. Every girl owns at least 10-15 varieties, even if she is not that much into makeup. But, do you know some of the interesting facts about your nail polish that you have been using for so many years.
- You can use your nail polish on your junk jewelry to prevent them from rusting.
- One of the main ingredient of a nail polish is “formaldehyde”, which causes irritation to sensitive skin. But some brands like Clinique is manufacturing nail polishes without the allergic ingredient.
- According to psychological experts, colors that we choose tell something about our current mental state. It is not a random thing actually. Therefore, next time when you are not sure about how you are feeling, then go for a manicure.
- There are also some brands, which produce nail polishes with protein peptides and vitamins. It moisturizes the nails and prevents aging.
- In ancient time, Egyptian women wore nail polishes but only women with high social status were allowed to put darker shades.
- During Ming Dynasty people created their nail paints using ingredients like beeswax, egg whites and vegetable dyes.
- The birth place of French manicure is indeed France. During pre historic period in France, nail polishes were used by the members of royal family only. It was their status symbol and people from lower class were not allowed to color their nails.
- The first nail polish, the kind we use today was launched by Revlon, in 1920s. It was actually made of car paint.
- Did you know that nail polish removers are immortals being? They do not have any shelf life. You may use the same bottle for 100 years without any worry of its expiry.
- The bad news is that an unopened bottle of nail polish can only live for one year.
- Our nails need to breath just like our facial skin. Our nail is a living tissue and need sufficient amount of oxygen to breathe. Lack of oxygen can make them very dry, which in turn will make your nail brittle and will lead to breakage. It is advisable to take three day break from wearing nail polishes in every three weeks to keep them healthy.
- The most expensive nail polish in the world is created by a diamond company, Azature and it costs $250,000. The nail polish is made up of 267 real black diamond carats. (Can someone please review it on IMBB :-p)
- The first nail polish was invented 5000 years ago by the Chinese with only two basic colors black and red.
- To stop nail polish from changing colors when exposed to light, ultraviolet stabilizers are used.
- Ingredients that are used in today’s nail polish like toluene, butyl acetate, ethyl acetate and dibutyl phthalate are capable enough to kill or make you sick if ingested or inhaled.
Few Interesting Nail Polish Tips:
- Take your nail polish out from your dressing table and keep them inside refrigerator. This will keep your dear nail polish alive for a longer period.
- You can make your own chemical free nail polish at home easily. ( search you tube for the tutorial )
- Due to the higher pigmentation, dark nail polish peels faster. Use light strokes to make them stay long.
- On fair skinned beauty, colors with blue undertones will look great. Medium skin toned beauty should try colors that has gold reflects and warm undertone and dark skinned beauty will rock bold colors.
- Never forget base and top coat while coloring your nails. This will make them stay long and look shiny.
Hope you enjoyed reading these fun facts about nail polish. If you know any more interesting facts, please share with us. Also, share your all time favorite nail polish colors.
How To Do Nail Art at Home
5 Funny & Interesting Beauty Commercials From Youtube
25 Things You Never Knew Vaseline Could Do
10 Tips to Treat Brittle Nails
Makeup and Cosmetics Fun Facts
How to Apply Crackle Nail Paints
Henna/ Mehendi: Facts, Medicinal Uses and Some Designs
Makeup Removing Mistakes You Are Probably Making