Dry and rough hands never give you a comfortable feeling. No matter how much time you spend on looking good for a much-awaited function, if your hands appear parched, your entire look is at stake. Beautiful hands come with regular care. However, if you are in hurry and your hands feel dry, here is a DIY which you may like to try. I am sure you would love the smooth, nourished and soft feeling it imparts to your hands.
20 Minutes DIY to soft and beautiful hands – Ingredients:
You would need the following ingredients:
- Soaked walnuts (if not available, soaked almonds would do).
- Rose water (I use Dabur Gulabari).
- Olive oil (I use Bertolli Classico Olive oil).
You would also need nail polish remover, cotton, towel, nail-clipper, nail file, nail polish and a beautiful ring of your choice if you want added embellishment.
20 Minutes DIY to soft and beautiful hands – Steps:
You wouldn’t perhaps like to call it a “manicure” because it doesn’t necessarily include all the steps involved there. However, it is quite akin to one and takes care of your hands in 15 minutes’ time:
1. Remove any nail polish on your nails with a good quality nail polish remover and cotton.
2. Take some lukewarm water in a bowl and add some drops of olive oil in it. Soak your hands in it for some time.
3. Dry your hands with a towel and clip the nails. File your nails to shape them.
4. Take some soaked walnuts and grind them. About 2 to 3 whole walnuts should be sufficient.
5. It is better to use the pestle and mortar for grinding the walnuts. This will ensure that the particles are not crushed to make a smooth paste (as in a mixer). Walnuts would be used for exfoliation and hence the pestle and mortar business.
6. Add rose water to the ground walnuts, 2 to 3 spoons should be enough.
7. Scrub your hands by rubbing the walnut-rosewater mixture. Use hand-washing movements. Rinse off with plain water.
8. Take 2 spoons of milk.
9. Add a spoon of honey.
10. Add a spoon of olive oil and mix the ingredients properly.
11. Take the mixture in small batches and apply on your hands like you apply body lotion. Reapply and massage well. Repeat this process over and over again till the mixture is used up.
12. As you massage, the mixture is absorbed by your skin and a sticky feeling persists on the hands. Rinse with plain water.
13. Apply nail polish of your choice and let it dry. Depending upon your mood and needs, you can choose any shade. I chose a gorgeous shade just because I felt an intense urge to color my nails dark red. I used Oriflame Visions Quick Dry Nail Polish (Black Cherry).
14. Embellish your finger with a ring to add extra brilliance to your hands. I wore a purple-stone studded ring which I picked at a random and which I love a lot!
20 Minutes DIY to soft and beautiful hands – Time Management:
- Nail polish removal- 2 minutes.
- Hand soak- 3 minutes.
- Nail clipping and filing- 3 minutes.
- Hand scrubbing- 2 minutes.
- Hand massage- 5 minutes.
- Nail polish application- 3 minutes.
- 2 minutes for drying the nail polish applied
This DIY wouldn’t take more than 20 minutes at the most.
15 Minutes to soft and beautiful hands – Pointers:
• It can be a part of your daily hand care regimen.
• It is effective on normal to dry hands.
• If your hand is extra-dry, you may like to add milk in the scrub instead of rosewater and two spoons of olive oil to the hand massage recipe instead of one.
• The DIY is cheap and can be done with the most easily available ingredients.
How To Get Youthful Hands
How To Choose The Right Perfume
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How To Curl Hair Without Heat – Rags
How to Become Fair Naturally
How To Minimize A Large Forehead
How to Wear Belts
How To Perm Hair
How to Apply Liquid Foundation using Flat Top Kabuki Brush