Read Rati Beauty Diet: The Right Way to Lose Weight
23 Tips to Lighten Dark Lips Naturally
Well to start with, it is my heartrending story. Among all my family and relatives, I am the only one cursed with dark lips. 🙁 lighter shades of lipstick do not show up on my lips. Some of you girls can feel my pain. My lips are so dark that quite a few people even told me that I should not smoke so much. I must mention, I don’t smoke. See? Now you can feel my pain. I can not help it because it is natural. Guess I was too lazy to even try. Thanks to my dear friend/ secret enemy who commented on my lips. That was a big motivator for me. The rest is history.
However, to my relief, I have succeeded somewhat to overcome my dark lips. My experiments are still in progress but let me share with you some of the tips that I thought of doing. Tips are taken from family friends and some from the internet.
• Try to exfoliate your lips with a baby toothbrush everyday
• Every night before going to bed, apply mixture of honey, glycerin, and lemon juice to lighten dark lips naturally.
• Mix almond oil and milk cream (malai) and apply to the lips. It will moisturize your lips and prevent darkening
• Apple cider vinegar is highly recommended to lighten dark lips naturally
• Don’t bite or lick your lips as it causes the darkening of lips
• Exfoliate your lips to remove the dead skin, as it gives a dark look to your lips. Use a baby tooth brush or home made sugar scrub
• Keep them moisturized. Keep a lip balm handy.
• Increase intake of water. At least 8-10 glass of water are recommended
• Massage your lips with yoghurt in morning and evening.
• A mixture of some gram flour, a spoon each of honey and yogurt and a few drops of lime juice may also be used regularly on the lips to make them red
• Apply juice of beetroot. It is also known to lighten dark lips naturally as it has natural bleaching properties
• A little daub of Pomegranate juice on lips will definitely lighten dark lips naturally.
• Avoid intake of tea and coffee, or minimize it.
• Apply home made ghee on your lips and see the effect.
• Use lip balm which has SPF in it or use sunscreen, as it will prevent further darkening.
• Paste of honey and crushed rose petals together. Apply it everyday to get pink lips.
• Apply coconut oil at bedtime to get rid of dark lips.
• Increase leafy vegetables and fruits in your diet. Add milk in your diet as it is very potent in whitening properties.
• Please don’t use bad quality lip cosmetics
• More important, do not get obsessed with your lipsticks.
• Keep your lips bare sometime. Let them breath.
• QUIT SMOKING
Hope you all enjoyed it. Please do comment if I went wrong anywhere. Especially I am still hoping for that magic potion to help me out. So kindly share your tips also..
How To get Rid of Dark Lips
How to Treat Dark Lips : Home Remedies
Home Remedies To Cure Dark Lips
Lip Colors Which Do NOT Suit Dark Skin
Home Remedies for Pigmented Lips
How To Make Lips Pink Naturally
How To Reduce Pigmentation of Lips
How To Exfoliate Lips