Can you believe 2015 is so last year! I still can’t. I’ve been meaning to do this post ever since the new year began, but I’ve been a bit busy. I am planning to travel to India in the coming week, hence I will be away from IMBB for a while, and I know I will miss you all dearly. As a makeup junkie, you know there is nothing better than trying out new products. I was fortunate enough to indulge in a lot of high-end products this past year. With so many products in my makeup collection, if I find myself going back to some particular items time and time again, it is the true testament of their awesomeness. I have compiled a list of mostly makeup, but also some amazing skincare, which has worked wonders for me. I personally vouch for and think these products are 100% worth the money. These are the crème de la crème of the beauty world for me as of now.
2015 has been a good year for foundations for me. The beauty industry has stepped up so much and it was so difficult to narrow this list down. Here I am listing some of my favorite foundations along with different quality which sets them apart, so you can decide which suits you best.
1. Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation – Ultra creamy, super blendable, demi matte, satin finish
2. Diorskin Star Fluid Foundation – Medium to full coverage, skin like natural finish, blurs pores, smooths skin texture and makes skin look airbrushed
3. Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation – Sheer to medium coverage, virtually undetectable on the skin, lightweight and hydrating on skin, perfect for dry skinned beauties
4. Too Faced Born This Way Undetectable Foundation – Satin finish, medium to full coverage, best for dry skin
5. Dior Diorskin Nude Air Nude Healthy Glow Ultra-Fluid Serum Foundation – Light to medium coverage, soft matte glowy finish, serum foundation, long wearing and undetectable on the skin
6. Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer – Absolute full coverage, complete matte finish
7. bareMinerals Bareskin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer – medium to full coverage, satin-demi matte finish, serum concealer
8. Charlotte Tilbury Air Brush Flawless Finish Powder – Lightweight, non drying, demi matte- glowy satin finish, best for setting full face
9. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – Best for setting under eye and baking, complete matte finish and controls oil, goes on translucent but brightens up the eye
10. Besame Cosmetics Brightening Vanilla Face Powder – Best for baking and setting under eye, matte finish, yellow tint cancels all darkness and brightens
11. Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Blush – Super pigmented, easy to blend and comes in variety of flattering shades in both matte and shimmery finishes
12. Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette – Multiple shades for more options to mix and match with your skin tone, pigmented and blendable
13. Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow Face Sculpt and Highlight – Super flattering bronzer shade, plus a beautiful golden highlight (all in 1)
14. Becca Opal Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed – Super duper glowy, very fine shimmer
15. Viseart 04 Dark Matte Eyeshadow Palette – These are hands down the best eyeshadows I have used ever
16. Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette – All basic matte shades, pairs with every look you can ever create on your eyes
17. Kat Von D Metal Crush Eyeshadows – This whole line is amazing; every single shade was a hit for me
18. Charlotte Tilbury Bedroom Black Rock ‘n’ Kohl Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil – Blackest black, creamy and longwearing on the waterline, smudge proof
19. Ardency Inn ModsterSmooth Ride Supercharged Eyeliner – Comes in variety of colors, smooth and creamy even on the waterline, budge proof and long wearing
I’ve loved so many lippies in 2015. It was super duper difficult to narrow this down. So here are couple of my favorite shades from my favorite, most loved lipstick ranges.
Under Makeup Moisturizer/Primer:
25. Marc Jacobs Under Cover Perfecting Coconut Face Primer – Super lightweight and hydrating, sinks completely into the skin; non greasy, best to use under makeup for all skin types
26. Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum – This serum makes my face glow; it evens out my skin texture, smoothes my skin of fine lines and my skin is healthier with regular use
27. Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil – Non greasy, deeply nourishes my dry skin
28. Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex Eye Serum – Firming, smoothes fine lines and makes my eye area feel softer and nourished
Hope you liked this post and it helped you narrow down your pick for your next splurge. Do comment below if you have tried and loved any of these products, or what you like to see next on IMBB.
Till next time. Ciao Bella !!
Inglot AMC Lip Pencil #28
Hourglass Nº 28 Primer Serum
Hourglass N° 28 Lip Treatment Oil
5 Best Homemade Coffee Face Packs
10 Best Perfumes For Women
Shocking Facts About the Beauty Industry
11 Mind-Blowing Beauty Products You Didn’t Know You Needed
Rati’s Top 200 Makeup and Beauty Products List
Top 250 Makeup and Beauty Products under Rs 1000 / 15 Dollars