FIVE EASY SKIN FIXES FOR LAZY/BUSY WOMEN
Before I go into the tips and the fixes, it is important for me to say that I am lazy. So even when I am not busy and have ample time to go through a long and elaborate beauty session, I will rather couch myself on a sofa and watch a film or fall on my bed and read a book. Beauty sessions, specially putting those face packs and their after effects work on me when someone does everything for me while I just lay down or during those special moments of ebullience when my sudden bouts of enthusiasm make me do them.
And I am sure there are plentiful of women like me who are lazy even when busy and even when idle. So I hope that the following suggestions will not only save them time, but the extra work also which we so hate.
1. I understand that scrubbing, washing, toning and moisturizing are the basic skin care steps. But if you do not feel like scrubbing your face every day, invest in a mild face wash that contains minute granules. That way, all you need to do when you wash your face at night is use the face wash. You can skip the scrubbing part because that is included in your face wash and you can go for the proper scrubbing once a week. Many companies like Lotus, Garnier, Ponds and others sell face washes that contain tiny scrubbing particles and you can invest in one you like best.
2. Most of us have yoghurt or dahi in our fridge. All you need to do is take it out from your refrigerator, pour it on a bowl and apply directly on your face.If you have a little more time and you are a little less lazy, you can add a little bit of besan or gram flour to the dahi. Dab the mixture on your face and do your work. Massage it a bit and then wash it off after some time. Yoghurt gives a wonderful glow to the skin while besan exfoliates removing the dead skin cells from the face. You can use it on your hands and legs as well.
3. Tomatoes are easy to find in your kitchen and best to use for your skin. Whether you want a glowing skin, a tan free skin or a skin without those big open pores, tomatoes are your answer. Having them is undoubtedly important, for they contain lycopene which has antioxidant properties. So, next time when you are cutting your tomatoes for the salad or for cooking, keep a few pieces for your skin. Use for some time and you will see the difference.
4. Like tomatoes, another very important vegetable of your salad, cucumber can work wonders for your skin. No wonder you have facials and face washes that are cucumber based. They work for puffy eyes, open pores, De-tanning, and are specially known to work for dark circles. A little hard work is required here for you need to grate them before you can apply it on your face. But I think this extra 1 minute job is worthy considering the results you get.
5. For those who have oily or combination skin, oil production is the biggest problem. All nice and decked when you step out of the house, in an hour’s time your face has attracted all the dirt and dust of the road, thanks to the sebaceous glands producing oil that just does not seem to go. Yes, oil production cannot be reduced by the face washes you use. They can work for some time, but not for more than an hour or two. Now-a-days markets have those nice specialized tissues for people with different needs and all you have to do is wipe your face with them and oil free once again. But even if you do not have those wipes, keep some blotting paper in your handbag. They are just perfect for soaking off all the oil from your skin and nothing works like these old blotting papers.
These are the five easy fixes that I know and I use to fix my skin. I am sure there are others as well and all the IMBB readers can give their easy skin fixers that they use.
Also Read :
Skin and Hair Care Tips for Monsoons
12 Tips to Treat Dry Hair
Split Hair Ends: Home Remedies and Treatment
Frizzy Hair: Causes, Treatments, Products, Home Remedies
5 Summer Skin Care Steps
Winter Skin Care tips for Dry Skin
Winter Skin Care Tips