In this post, I’m going to take you through some easy and simple recipes for making gelatin face masks at home. Gelatin is a common ingredient in many peel-off face masks, and it has wonderful anti-ageing and skin plumping benefits for the skin.
Some of the benefits of using gelatin on your skin include:
- It helps boost the collagen in the skin, giving it a plump and youthful look.
- It helps diminish the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on the skin.
- It cleanses the skin by removing the dirt, excess oil and dead cells present on the surface.
- It lends the skin a radiant and rejuvenated look.
Gelatin is commonly used as an ingredient in food items, so you can purchase food-grade gelatin from any grocery store.
Here’s how to prepare the gelatin to be used in face masks:
Take a small amount of gelatin and soak it in cold water for about 15 minutes. This soaked gelatin can now be used as an ingredient in your DIY face masks.
Take a small amount of gelatin and mix it in very well with milk. The milk should be about 4-5 times the quantity of gelatin. Once it mixed well, let it sit for about 30 minutes and then use it as an ingredient in the face masks.
Here are 5 homemade gelatin face mask recipes:
1. Gelatin, olive oil and honey face mask: Take one tablespoon of gelatin, add some warm water to it and mix it thoroughly. Now, add a small amount of both olive oil and honey to the liquid gelatin and mix them all together. Apply this to your face and peel off once dry. This mask diminishes the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, lightens any spots on the face and nourishes the skin.
2. Gelatin, glycerin and banana face mask: Add warm water to one teaspoon of gelatin. To this, add half a teaspoon of glycerin and the mashed pulp of half a ripe banana. Blend all the ingredients together and apply the paste to your face. Remove once dry. This mask is an excellent moisturizer for dry and dehydrated skin.
3. Gelatin and egg face mask: Beat an egg white and mix it in with liquid gelatin to prepare a face mask. Apply this to your face evenly using a foundation brush. Make sure to apply this mask in several layers (3-5 layers). Peel off the mask once dry. This mask promotes firm and youthful skin, while adding adequate moisture.
4. Gelatin, yogurt and flour face mask: Take one teaspoon each of gelatin, yogurt (or milk, if you have dry skin) and flour. Mix in the three ingredients well. Apply the mixture to your face and remove once dry. When used with yogurt, this mask is excellent for oily skin types. It controls oil, adds moisture and leaves the skin feeling smooth and plump.
5. Gelatin and butter face mask: This is a simple and effective mask to prepare at home. Add a little bit of warm water to one teaspoon of gelatin. Once it has mixed well, add one teaspoon of butter to it. The butter should be soft, but not necessarily melted. Apply this paste to your face and remove after 30 minutes.
This mask will deeply nourish your skin and banish any signs of dullness and tiredness. It is an excellent pick-me-up for dry skin.
DIY Gelatin Peel Off Mask to Remove Blackheads, Whiteheads and Unwanted Hair
12 Best Homemade Face Masks
5 Homemade Skin Lightening Face Masks
8 Homemade Pore Tightening Face Masks
5 Homemade Face Packs To Remove Tan