Potatoes seem like an unusual ingredient to make a face pack, but do not underestimate this vitamin and mineral-rich vegetable. You might already know that potato juice can clear up under eye circles and reduce puffiness around the eyes, but did you know that you can use it to lighten your skin tone and clear up scars too. Potatoes are a rich source of iron, vitamin C, and riboflavin. The juice of raw potatoes can tighten up the pores and also provide anti-ageing benefits. Those of you with acne issues – it has been proven to soothe and reduce acne breakouts and prevent scarring. Good news – with regular use, it can even clear up your previous acne scars. Another important beauty benefit – the juice of potatoes have natural bleaching agent and can lighten and remove stubborn tan from your skin and improve your complexion.
1. Potato Tissue Face Pack: Extract the juice out of half a peeled potato and drop a compressed tissue tablet into the juice. Let the tissue absorb and expand in the potato juice. Take the tissue out and place it on your face and keep it on for 20 minutes before wiping everything off. Oops, I forgot to mention that you have to cut out space for eyes and nose on the tissue paper. Do this twice or thrice a week and soon you will have flawless skin.
2. Potato and Egg Face Pack: This face pack will tighten your facial pores. Take the juice out of half a potato and break in a egg white into it. Mix the two thoroughly and apply on face and neck and wash off after 20 minutes.
3. Potato and Turmeric Face Pack: This face pack will lighten your skin tone and complexion with regular use. Grate half a potato and add in a pinch of cosmetic turmeric to it. Apply on to the face and neck and wash off after half an hour.
4. Potato and Multani Mitti Face Pack: This face pack will brighten and rejuvenate your complexion and is great for acne-prone skin to reduce inflammation. To make this pack, make a paste out of half a potato without the peel. Add 3 to 4 teaspoons of of multani mitti and a few drops of rose water. Apply this paste on the face and neck and rinse off after 30 minutes for glowing skin.
5. Potato and Milk Face Pack: This pack would act as a face brightener for sure. Extract the juice out of half a potato which has been peeled and add in 2 teaspoons of raw milk. Mix well and apply on the face and neck with a cotton round. Wash off after 20 minutes. Do this thrice a week to see results.
Potato & Fuller’s Earth Face Mask: DIY
Purederm Potato Essence Mask
15 Best Homemade Face Packs with Honey
5 Best Homemade Lemon Face Packs
5 Best Homemade Yogurt Face Packs
5 Best Homemade Almond Face Packs
5 Best Homemade Grape Face Packs
Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm
Aromamagic Beautiful Skin Oil
Ayurvedic Face Packs For Beautiful Skin
Yoga for Glowing Skin
Image Source: 1, 2, 3