WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Anemia is caused when the level of red blood cells and hemoglobin decreases in the body. Though, anemia is not treated as a fatal condition in the initial stages but, if ignored for a prolonged period it may lead to many health complications.
Causes of Anemia:
• Lack of red blood cell production: It may happen due to some hormonal changes, deficiency of vital nutrients in the body or illness etc.
• High rates of red blood cell destruction: Sickle cell anemia, hemolytic anemia, thalassemias etc are few conditions that create defects in the red blood cells that cause them to die faster.
• Blood loss: Conditions such as heavy menstrual period, bleeding in the digestive or urinary tract, surgery etc may cause the loss of enough red blood cells to cause anemia.
Symptoms of Anemia:
• Shortness of breath
• Pale skin
• Hair loss etc.
Some Home Remedies to treat Anemia:
• Beetroot is one of the most important food item to cure anemia. Its juice is rich in minerals like sulphur, iron, calcium and iodine. It also contains surplus carbohydrates and proteins that are needed in body. It is also very helpful in substituting various vitamins like thiamine (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), ascorbic acid (vitamin C) etc.
• Take a ripe banana and eat it with a tablespoon of honey. Eat a banana like this two times in a day.
• Eat spinach as much as you can as it contains loads of iron and folic acid.
• Increase the intake of Iron and vitamin rich foods. High vitamin foods include eggs, fishes, meats and all milk products such as cheese, curd and milk. The natural sources of vitamin c such as oranges, grapes, green leafy vegetables, gooseberry, capsicum and tomatoes should also be taken in good amount. Green leafy vegetables, apples, pastas, raisins, brown rice etc are some of the examples for Iron rich food.
• Try to cook your food in iron pots; it is proven that by doing so you can significantly increases the amount of iron in your foods.
Thyroid Disorders: Hyperthyroidism & Hypothyroidism
Food for Weight Loss
10 Great Tips to Fasting it Right
8 Foods for a Healthy Heart for Women
Fats : The Good and Bad of Fat
10 Great Habits for Healthy Lifestyle
7 Tips to Make Your Bowl of Perfect Salad