Excess fat deposition on any part of our body looks odd. It makes us feel less confident and causes other disease to make way in our body.
Saddlebags are fat deposits on the sides of the legs, upper thighs and buttocks and can make our lower half look disproportionate and unappealing.
Saddlebags can make finding clothes and walking difficult and can posse some health risks for people with diabetes and other health problems.
Exercises to remove saddlebags:
Here are few easy exercises that will help you to get rid of saddlebags.
• Side leg raises: Stand up straight, directly behind a table or chair, feet slightly apart. Hold onto the table to help keep your balance. Take 3 seconds to lift your right leg out to the side. Take 3 seconds to lower your leg back to the starting position. Repeat with your left leg. The side leg raise strengthens muscles at the side of the hips and thighs. You can use ankle weights or cable to add some weight for progression.
• Single-leg circle: Lie on the mat with your arms by your sides and your palms facing down. Raise your left leg toward the ceiling, and rotate it slightly outward. Inhale, and trace a circle on the ceiling with your left leg. Moving your whole leg, but keeping your hips still. Trace the circle 5 times in a clockwise direction and then 5 times in anti-clockwise direction. Switch legs and repeat 5 times.
• Static Lunges: Stand with right foot forward and left foot back about 3 feet apart. Hold weights on both hands and slowly bend the knees to lower the body. Keep your body straight and abs in as you push through the front heel and back to starting position.
• Single leg squats: Stand in front of chair. Now, raise one leg off the floor while balancing on one leg. Bend your knees and lower down your body. Keep your back straight. Lower yourself so that your backside almost touches the chair. Then raise yourself again and get back to the starting position.
• Squat with kick: Stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart. Kick your right foot in front of your body. Then, bring your foot back on the floor and get into a squat position. Complete a squat and return to your starting position. Repeat this exercise 15 times on the right side of the body before switching to the left side. The squat-with-kick exercise targets your hip area.
• Brisk walking: Absolutely nothing may be equal to this simple physical exercise. It’s, maybe, probably the most affordable method to eliminate the excessive fat from the lower part of the body.
Performing yoga has also been recommended to get rid of saddlebags. It will help you to make your body flexible & firm.
Also, avoid eating food items like pastries, ice creams, junk food etc. Cut down on red meat and deep fried meals. Add lots of green vegetable & fresh fruits in your diet. Try to consume foods which contains fibre & carbohydrates.
8 Benefits of Pilates Exercises
4 Exercises to Reduce Thigh Fat
Body Stretching Exercises
Cardio Training Exercises
5 Legs Exercises for Thighs, Hips and Calves
Easy Weight Loss Home Exercises
5 Best Abs Exercises for Home