I am back with another nail paint review from the very popular Maybelline color show range. Already, so many shades have been reviewed on IMBB. After reading the reviews here, I purchased 7 from the range. The ones I am reviewing today are:
2. Silver Linings(Shade-007)
3. Bold Gold(Shade-008)
4. Devil Wears Purple(Shade-012)
5. Firewood Brown(Shade-703)
6. Flash of coral(Shade-705)
There is a new addition to the color show range and the collection is named “Bright Sparks” and from the above shades, Firewood Brown and Flash of coral are one of those. I am not really sure in what terms these are different from the regular range but I love them.
No chip color nail laquer from the shows. Easy-flow brush. Formaldehyde, DBP and Toluene free.(From the website)
Rs.75 for 6 ml (Regular), Rs. 85 for 6 ml (Bright Sparks)
My experience with Maybelline Color Show Nail Paint:
These come in small transparent, cylindrical bottles with lid of the same diameter. The shade name and number are printed on top of the lid. Maybelline Color Show sticker is pasted on the side of the lid.
All these shades have a nice glossy finish. They take around a minute to dry on the nails. They start chipping after 3-4 days and would remain looking decent enough for a week.
Yes, this is a shade almost same as the Elle 18 shade no. 46 which I reviewed before. But this has better pigmentation. This would be perfect for the wedding season and would go nicely with matching lehengas.
2. Silver Linings(Shade-007):
This is a metallic silver which is true to its name. I am especially fond of these metallic shades as they go very well with all dresses and look pretty sober. Also, the chipped nail paint won’t be so obvious on the nails with this kind of a shade. One coat of this gives nice sheer finish, two coats would give opaque metallic finish.
3. Bold Gold(Shade-008):
This is a golden colour nail paint and it makes it look like your nails are copper-coated. It has a nice shine and if you like metallic shades like golden and silver, you would like this one.
4. Devil Wears Purple(Shade-012):
Are you thinking of the movie “Devil Wears Prada” after reading the name? Well, I thought about it as well! 😀 Coming to the shade, it is a very common purple shade and has shimmer in it. I like it though! Being shimmery, it is slightly difficult to remove.
5. Firewood Brown(Shade-703):
This is the darkest brown shade which is perfect for winters. My mom would call it a coca-cola shade. 😀 Only one swipe gives nice brown colour on the nails. With 2 swipes, it looks like black.
6. Flash of coral(Shade-705):
This is a very pretty coral and is a nice summer/spring shade. On the nails, it looks orang-ish coral.
The swatches shown are with the help of a friend. She likes only pink nail paints!
Pros of Maybelline Color Show Nail Colors:
- Cute and sturdy packaging.
- Huge variety of colors available.
- Has a variety of shades to choose from.
- Has amazing pigmentation.
- Applicator is easy to use.
- Easily available.
Cons of Maybelline Color Show Nail Color:
- Would start chipping from the third day onward.
- Some shades like yellow would stain your nails when used without base coat.
But it is really worth the price!
Will I repurchase Maybelline Color Show Nail Colors?
Definitely. I am going to purchase few more shades from the range. I don’t think I would repurchase the same shades as there are so many other shades to explore.
Do I recommend Maybelline Color Show Nail Colors?
Yes. I am sure most of us own few shades from this range. If not, go and get some soon.
- 6 Maybelline Colorshow Nail Paints Review, Swatches
- Maybelline Express Finish Nail Polishes Review and Swatches
- Maybelline Colorama Nail Polishes
- 3 The Body Shop Colour Crush Nail Polishes Review, Swatches
- 5 Streetwear Color Rich Nail Polishes Review, Swatches
- Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick in the shade 111 Midnight Pink
- Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick – Cherry Crush
- Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick 109 Violet Fusion