Choosing the right foundation for your skin is one of the most essential steps to flaunting a flawless complexion, get it right, and anything you put on top of it will be twice as easy. When choosing the foundation to wear, its suitability with your skin type is as important as its quality or brand.
Using the right makeup for oily skin is particularly important if you suffer from constant breakouts. Over doing it on the makeup can clog pores and make your skin much more vulnerable to blackheads and whiteheads.
Here are a few tips for choosing the right foundation that will work best with your skin type.
• The best types of foundation for oily skin are: liquids that dry to a matte finish as these combat excess oil and sebum production and help keep your face looking fresh all day long. Oily skinned beauties should seek out oil-free bases that offer lasting coverage but aren’t too heavy.
• Consider if you want a light or medium-coverage. If you have good skin, but want to even out a few ruddy areas, consider a light coverage. For women with really uneven skin tone or blemishes, consider a medium-coverage foundation.
• If you happen to have an oilier T-zone, then you will want to pick a spot there to test as well. Different spots on oily skin may change the color of a foundation so try a couple of places before buying it.
• Go for the yellow-based foundations, which look most natural on all skin tones. However, if you’re very fair, try a pink, cooler shade. Look at each foundation shade closely. When any of the shades of foundation look pink or yellow against your oily skin they are not the shade for you. Blend the foundation shade that most closely matches your skin tone into your oily skin. When the shade blends in with out leaving a line, this is the perfect shade of foundation for your oily skin.
• Also, keep in mind to pick a foundation that is one shade lighter than your skin tone. It will help you to cover up the darkening caused by the secretion of oil on your face. Use minimal amount of foundation, a light coating of foundation will last longer when compared to a thick layer of foundation.
• As a general rule, avoid products that contain alcohol as alcohol will deplete oil in the skin thus forcing the body to produce more. This will make your skin oilier than before. Water-based products are the best to use as makeup for oily skin.
However, if you have problems with acne, pimples or rashes, it is best to consult a dermatologist before you decide to go shopping for foundation.
Makeup for Oily Skin
Basic Eye Makeup Tips
Monsoon Makeup Tips
Summer Makeup Tips
Flawless Makeup Tips- 4 Ways, 4 Minutes
20 Makeup Tips & Tricks
12 Quick Fix Makeup Tips
7 Tips to Apply Body Glitter
Makeup Tips for Dark Skin
CTM for Oily Skin
How to Apply Eye Makeup
How to Apply Stage Makeup
How to Apply Leg Makeup
Amway Attitude Cleanser for Oily skin
Best Moisturizer For Oily Skin
7 thoughts on “6 Tips to Choose Foundation for Oily Skin”
Lovely tips, era. Also, I love the first pic in which the foundation just seamlessly matches the skin tone.
any suggestions for long lasting foundation for very oily skin? there is little scope for touch ups in my office, and by evenings my face literally turns up into a frying pan *pan* *pan* *waaa* *waaa*
This post is for me truely.. *happydance* *thankyou* era.. worth reading post..
Do suggest some affordable foundations for oily skin.
Suggest some long wear foundation. my skin turns oily within an hour of makeup and putting compact only makes it look more dull.
as usual a very relevant post Era *hifive*
Suggest some good foundation for oily skin