By Aditya M.
Hello honey bunches of oats!
With the holiday season coming up and the New Year ringing in, you might want to change things up a bit. Every year for New Year, we try for a new look or a slight change, and most of us opt for changes in our hair, as it’s one of the easiest changes to make 😛
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Single tone hair might get boring after a while. You may even want to switch it up with a different hair cut or a different color. Deciding on which hair cut to opt for is single-handedly one of the most difficult tasks for women, but also deciding which color highlights you’d like to get on top of that can be a very stressful task. Even the simplest of changes in our hair would make a huge difference to us. For some reason, we girls feel much more confident when our hair is in check and on point. Deciding what color to highlight your hair or make any minute changes for that matter should never be done on impulse. These decisions need to be carefully made after evaluating your options. Even with all the right information, it can be really difficult and may even make you feel a little anxious if you’re like me.
With so many great options out there, we narrowed down a few looks that are really trending and look great on black hair. Here are a few of our suggestions for highlights that you might be able to try and pull off.
1. If you have curly hair that’s quite short, opt for something a little edgy like cool dirty blonde highlights. They add just a bit of color but a whole lot of personality for your hair.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
2. Soft purple highlights are great for anyone who wants a subtler look. Purple with black will always look chic and welcoming.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
3. Soft brown highlights or milk chocolate highlights as I like to call them are perfect for more natural looking waves. I love how soft brown highlights fall onto rich black hair. This combination always looks so elegant and classy.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
4. Burgundy highlights are great if you’re a little bold. I think these are amazing if you have the personality to pull them off. Burgundy highlights always remind me of confidence, straightforwardness, but they’re also really relaxed at the same time.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
5. A nice ombre from a caramel brown leading to black roots would look amazing if your hair is naturally wavy. I think this look really defines your face shape and it generally looks amazing.
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
6. Subtle red highlights look amazing especially on straight hair. It makes your hair look vibrant and shiny.
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
7. Jet blue highlights pair really well with black hair. It’s so dark that it won’t even be very visible unless you’re out in the sun or under an extremely bright light. They’re extremely subtle which is why I would prefer this to most of the other colors. They’re perfect for the quiet introvert who wants a slight change but also nothing too dramatic or anything that draws a lot of attention.
How To Use Clip-In Hair Extensions To Get Highlights
Hair Color: Coloring Techniques
Hair Color: Hair Coloring Tips
Hair Highlights and Lowlights
Best Hair Colours/Dyes Available in India
Choosing The Right Hair Color For Indian Skin Tone
L’Oreal Professionnel INOA Hair Colour