WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Essential oils are a wonderful, natural way to unwind and relax when life gets too hectic. You must have heard about aromatherapy, and even seen products that claim to use those properties. However, there are certain essential oils that prove to be of great help for every one of your needs. You can use them as bath salts, burn them in a diffuser or scatter some of it on your pillow. Here are seven of the most important ones and what they can help you with:
1. Chamomile: Chamomile helps relieve anxiety, and sometimes even helps you reduce the symptoms of PMS (Pre-Menstrual Syndrome). Not only this, you can cure anxiety in social situations by carrying a handkerchief soaked in chamomile. The scents lift your spirits and help you get rid of any anxious feelings. You can also try chamomile tea. Used chamomile tea bags also help with reducing puffiness in your eyes or dark circles if placed over your eyelids for 15-20 minutes.
2. Bergamot: Anger is a negative emotion and can drain you both physically and emotionally. Bergamot is known as an essential oil that is great for an emotional crisis, so it’s always a good idea to keep some stored away just in case. Add 2-3 drops to your bath water or a bathtub and soak in it for a lovely, relaxing time that helps you let go of all negative thoughts.
3. Clove oil: Clove oil is an excellent remedy for a swollen or hurting tooth, and sometimes chewing a clove can also relieve bad breath. Clove oil, however, needs to be used very sparingly and never directly. Carefully take two or three drops of clove oil onto a cotton ball that has been soaked in olive oil, and apply it to your tooth for lasting relief till you get to see a dentist.
4. Lavender: Apart from having the most amazing scent, lavender aids relaxation and is always the perfect choice after a long, tiring day. These days you can find it in various forms including hand creams, perfumes, bath salts and candles too. Dissolve a few drops in your bath water every day for a lovely bath that leaves you feeling refreshed and relaxed.
5. Sage oil: This gentle oil is good for relieving headaches, especially if they were brought on by stress. This oil can be massaged onto the temples of your forehead, or can also be sprinkled on a handkerchief. Just like chamomile, sage can also help relieve stress and anxiety.
6. Peppermint: Peppermint is yummy, and peppermint oil, mixed with a carrier oil, and rubbed onto your chest can also alleviate nausea, morning sickness and motion sickness. It even keeps the creepy-crawlies away, and is known as a bug repellant. Finally, peppermint tea not only tastes delicious but also helps get rid of stomach cramps and diarrhea.
7. Valerian oil: It may smell a bit weird but it’s great for those insomnia-filled nights when nothing you do, including counting sheep, helps you sleep at all. Mix it with some lavender oil and sprinkle onto your pillowcase or sheets so that you drift into sleep peacefully.
While essential oils aren’t sure-fire cures for illnesses, they certainly help you feel better and take charge of your symptoms better. Their versatile uses – as a handkerchief perfumer, as bath salts, or in a burner, makes them a good option for the times when you’re feeling down. Hope you get to try some of these the next time you feel restless or uneasy!
Blossom Kocchar Aromamagic Citrus Bath Gel & Rose Essential Oil
The world of Aromatherapy in a nut shell
Biotique Citronella Refreshing Body Massage Oil
Aromamagic Beautiful Skin Oil
Home Fragrance- Scented Candles, Fragrance Oils & Room Sprays
Health and Beauty benefits of Coconut Oil
Health and Beauty Benefits of Emu Oil
Health & Beauty Benefits of Rose Oil
Health and Beauty Benefits of Olive Oil
How To Use Essential Oils Safely