Hi everyone, Dry and damaged hair is a fairly common problem that most of us face at some or the other point of our lives. Environmental factors, heat styling, hair colouring and other kinds of treatments can easily damage the health of our hair. However, the good news is that you can whip a variety of deeply nourishing and homemade hair masks for dry damaged hair at home that can help revive the health, shine and strength of your tresses. These masks use very simple ingredients and they are adequately hydrating for very dry or damaged hair. Let’s take a look at these homemade hair masks for dry or damaged hair.
1. Plain yogurt hair mask: Take 1 cup of plain and fresh yogurt. Apply this to your hair and scalp, all along the roots and lengths, and leave it on for 20-30 minutes before rinsing it off with plain water. This will deeply nourish your hair while tackling the problems of dandruff or an itchy scalp.
2. Banana and milk hair mask: Take 1 tablespoon of raw milk and the pulp of 1 medium-sized ripe banana. Mix the pulp with the raw milk to form a smooth and liquid-y paste. Apply this to your hair and scalp while your hair is still damp and keep it on for 30 minutes. Rinse off with plain water for deeply moisturized and shiny hair.
3. Honey and olive oil hair mask: Take 2 tablespoons of pure organic honey and mix it with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Apply this to damp hair all along the lengths and wrap your hair in a warm cotton towel or a shower cap. After 30 minutes, you can rinse this off with a gentle shampoo and follow it with a conditioner for very soft and smooth tresses.
4. Honey and banana hair mask: Take 1 tablespoon of pure organic honey and the pulp of one medium-sized ripe banana. Mix the two ingredients really well to form a smooth paste. Apply this mask to damp hair and leave it on for 20-30 minutes before washing it off with plain water.
5. Olive oil and coconut oil hair mask: If your hair is very dry or damaged, then a deeply nourishing mask like this will work best. Take 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Apply this mixture of the two oils to the scalp and along the lengths of your hair and leave it on for at least 30 minutes. Wrap your hair in a damp and warm towel while the oil is on, and then rinse off with plain water. This will give your hair all the hydration it needs.
6. Egg yolk and avocado hair mask: Take 1 egg yolk and 1 ripe avocado. Mash the flesh of the avocado to turn it into a smooth paste. Mix in the egg yolk well to form a paste. Apply this to damp hair and wash off with a gentle shampoo after 30 minutes. This will give your hair a boost of proteins and fats, bringing back its lush smoothness and shine.
7. Hot oil treatment for dry hair: If you’re one of those who likes to keep things as simple as possible, then a hot oil treatment will work wonders for severely dry or damaged hair. For this purpose, you can use any of the following: coconut oil, olive oil, sweet almond oil or jojoba oil. Warm up your preferred oil on the stove, and then apply it liberally to your hair and scalp. Now, take a hot towel and wrap it firmly around the hair. You can keep this on for as long as you like, to help the moisture penetrate deep into the hair shafts.
5 Best Homemade Hair Mask Recipes for Dry Hair
20 Best Homemade Hair Packs
5 Homemade Hair Masks for Hair Loss
Eight Homemade Hair Masks to Promote Hair Growth
7 Best Hair Spa Creams for Damaged Hair
L’occitane Repairing Shine Hair Mask for Dry & Damaged Hair
L’Occitane Repairing Conditioner Dry & Damaged Hair
4 Instant Ways to Fix Dry and Damaged Hair
10 Homemade Deep Conditioning Hair Masks
7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth