Today’s post is all about the use of cleansing oils to keep your face fresh and clean. Many of us are apprehensive and for good reason—about using an oil on our delicate facial skin. While it can sound quite moisturizing and replenishing, it is only natural to fear clogged pores as a result of leaving the oil on the face and the onset of acne breakouts. However, one sees more and more cleansing oils being released into the market by a variety of brands. So, do these cleansing oils actually work? How well do they clean your face? Is it a good idea to use cleansing oils even on acne-prone skin?
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Let’s take a look at this list of seven things that you need to know about using cleansing oils on your face. This will help you decide whether or not cleansing oils are meant for your skin type.
1. Cleansing oils are an excellent choice for dry and dehydrated skin: It goes without saying that if you suffer from dry or dehydrated skin, then the first thing you need to do is to get rid of any gel cleansers or any harsh packaged cleansers that you’re using on your face. A cleansing oil will thoroughly cleanse your face (contrary to popular belief) and add adequate moisture to replenish your dry and dehydrate skin.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
2. Cleansing oils do not cause breakouts: Again, contrary to popular belief, cleansing oils do not cause breakouts. It’s useful to remember that cleansing oils are very different from applying just about any oil to your face. For instance, if you simply apply coconut oil on your face and leave it on, there is a chance that it will cause breakouts. However, cleansing oils are a concoction of special oils in a specific ratio that is meant to guard against breakouts and enhance the texture of your skin, while still being a good skin cleanser.
3. You cannot use any oil to clean your face: As mentioned in the previous point, a product that is marketed as a cleansing oil is very different from the regular coconut oil or olive oil that you find at home. Typically, sunflower seed oil and certain organic vegetable oils serve as good cleansing oils. They have to be mixed in a specific ratio to result in a cleansing oil that is perfect for your delicate facial skin.
4. You must follow a specific procedure while using cleansing oils on your face: Take a couple of pumps of your preferred cleansing oil into your palm and gently massage it into your skin. This will dissolve all traces of dirt, impurities and makeup. Now, take a warm, damp washcloth and gently wipe the oil away. This will ensure that all the impurities and dead skin cells are wiped away. You will be left with soft, supple, moisturized and squeaky-clean skin.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
5. You do not need to double cleanse your face: Once you have cleansed your face with cleansing oil, you’re done! You do not need to wash away the residual oil with another cleanser, as this is what helps keep your skin moisturized.
6. Cleansing oils help improve the texture of your skin: With regular use, cleansing oils help combat blackheads, whiteheads, acne, blemishes, and a host of other skin concerns. You will find that these are very gentle, and help restore the youthfulness and radiance of your skin.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
7. Cleansing oils are a great choice for removing your makeup: Cleansing oils are the best choice for makeup removal. You can easily ditch your makeup wipes and other harsh cleansers for this gentle and effective choice. Not only do cleansing oils remove every trace of makeup from your skin, these help restore and replenish the skin after a long day of wearing makeup.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
Shu Uemura Skin Purifier Ultime8 Sublime Beauty Cleansing Oil
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Cleansing Oil
Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil
L’Oreal Skin Perfection Miracle Cleansing Oil
How to Find the Right Cleanser for Your Skin Type in Winter + IMBB Recommendations
Cleansing, Toning & Moisturizing Oily Skin
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne