Today’s post is all about the use of cleansing oils to keep your face fresh and clean. Many of us are apprehensive and for good reason—about using an oil on our delicate facial skin. While it can sound quite moisturizing and replenishing, it is only natural to fear clogged pores as a result of leaving the oil on the face and the onset of acne breakouts. However, one sees more and more cleansing oils being released into the market by a variety of brands. So, do these cleansing oils actually work? How well do they clean your face? Is it a good idea to use cleansing oils even on acne-prone skin?
Let’s take a look at this list of seven things that you need to know about using cleansing oils on your face. This will help you decide whether or not cleansing oils are meant for your skin type.
1. Cleansing oils are an excellent choice for dry and dehydrated skin: It goes without saying that if you suffer from dry or dehydrated skin, then the first thing you need to do is to get rid of any gel cleansers or any harsh packaged cleansers that you’re using on your face. A cleansing oil will thoroughly cleanse your face (contrary to popular belief) and add adequate moisture to replenish your dry and dehydrate skin.
2. Cleansing oils do not cause breakouts: Again, contrary to popular belief, cleansing oils do not cause breakouts. It’s useful to remember that cleansing oils are very different from applying just about any oil to your face. For instance, if you simply apply coconut oil on your face and leave it on, there is a chance that it will cause breakouts. However, cleansing oils are a concoction of special oils in a specific ratio that is meant to guard against breakouts and enhance the texture of your skin, while still being a good skin cleanser.
3. You cannot use any oil to clean your face: As mentioned in the previous point, a product that is marketed as a cleansing oil is very different from the regular coconut oil or olive oil that you find at home. Typically, sunflower seed oil and certain organic vegetable oils serve as good cleansing oils. They have to be mixed in a specific ratio to result in a cleansing oil that is perfect for your delicate facial skin.
4. You must follow a specific procedure while using cleansing oils on your face: Take a couple of pumps of your preferred cleansing oil into your palm and gently massage it into your skin. This will dissolve all traces of dirt, impurities and makeup. Now, take a warm, damp washcloth and gently wipe the oil away. This will ensure that all the impurities and dead skin cells are wiped away. You will be left with soft, supple, moisturized and squeaky-clean skin.
5. You do not need to double cleanse your face: Once you have cleansed your face with cleansing oil, you’re done! You do not need to wash away the residual oil with another cleanser, as this is what helps keep your skin moisturized.
6. Cleansing oils help improve the texture of your skin: With regular use, cleansing oils help combat blackheads, whiteheads, acne, blemishes, and a host of other skin concerns. You will find that these are very gentle, and help restore the youthfulness and radiance of your skin.
7. Cleansing oils are a great choice for removing your makeup: Cleansing oils are the best choice for makeup removal. You can easily ditch your makeup wipes and other harsh cleansers for this gentle and effective choice. Not only do cleansing oils remove every trace of makeup from your skin, these help restore and replenish the skin after a long day of wearing makeup.
Shu Uemura Skin Purifier Ultime8 Sublime Beauty Cleansing Oil
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Cleansing Oil
Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil
L’Oreal Skin Perfection Miracle Cleansing Oil
How to Find the Right Cleanser for Your Skin Type in Winter + IMBB Recommendations
Cleansing, Toning & Moisturizing Oily Skin