WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
We Indians love Saris. From formal occasions to weddings or casual evenings, saris are perfect for any time of the day, any time of the year, whatever the occasion. Here is a guide to the 7 types of saris every woman should own:
1. Cotton Sari: This is a basic staple in every wardrobe. A contrast printed cotton blouse can take a simple sari to another level. Comfort, formal beauty and versatility all clubbed into one. Team it with chunky silver jewelry.
2. Traditional Silk Sari: A timeless piece of silk. Pick from Kanchipuram, Benarasi, Chanderi or just about anything you like.
3. Printed Sari: For that summery breezy feel, this is a must have in your wardrobe. Pick one in georgette or chiffon.
4. Pastel Sari: We have seen many Bollywood stars rock this trend. Paired amazingly well with pearls, this is a classic piece of fabric.
5. Sequined Sari: This is a must-have for night parties and wedding receptions. Experiment with sheer blouse fabrics to balance the heavy work on the sari. Remember the rule – heavy sari should be worn with a simple blouse and vice versa.
6. Lehenga Sari: Instead of pleats, there is a lehenga which continues as the pallu – thus the name.
7. Sari gown: Sari gowns have become the new trend owing to their body hugging structure and easy wear-ability. Perfect for social gatherings and a must-have for the young or the busy woman.
Bollywood Actresses in Saree
Different Hairstyles To Try with Sarees
8 Different Ways to Drape Saree
Dress up your Saree
How To Style Your Saree Like A Diva
Bollywood Actresses in Sabyasachi Outfits
Deepika Padukone in Saree
Image Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.