We Indians love Saris. From formal occasions to weddings or casual evenings, saris are perfect for any time of the day, any time of the year, whatever the occasion. Here is a guide to the 7 types of saris every woman should own:
1. Cotton Sari: This is a basic staple in every wardrobe. A contrast printed cotton blouse can take a simple sari to another level. Comfort, formal beauty and versatility all clubbed into one. Team it with chunky silver jewelry.
2. Traditional Silk Sari: A timeless piece of silk. Pick from Kanchipuram, Benarasi, Chanderi or just about anything you like.
3. Printed Sari: For that summery breezy feel, this is a must have in your wardrobe. Pick one in georgette or chiffon.
4. Pastel Sari: We have seen many Bollywood stars rock this trend. Paired amazingly well with pearls, this is a classic piece of fabric.
5. Sequined Sari: This is a must-have for night parties and wedding receptions. Experiment with sheer blouse fabrics to balance the heavy work on the sari. Remember the rule – heavy sari should be worn with a simple blouse and vice versa.
6. Lehenga Sari: Instead of pleats, there is a lehenga which continues as the pallu – thus the name.
7. Sari gown: Sari gowns have become the new trend owing to their body hugging structure and easy wear-ability. Perfect for social gatherings and a must-have for the young or the busy woman.
Bollywood Actresses in Saree
Different Hairstyles To Try with Sarees
8 Different Ways to Drape Saree
Dress up your Saree
How To Style Your Saree Like A Diva
Bollywood Actresses in Sabyasachi Outfits
Deepika Padukone in Saree
Image Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.