Acne can be a tough skin problem to deal with, since it is so noticeable. We have all been guilty of squeezing out that pimple just a day before a hot date or a special occasion to get rid of it. However, this only makes the problem worse and can lead to unsightly scars. However, you need not splurge on expensive products when you need a quick fix. There are some marvels you can find right on your kitchen shelf or medicine cabinet! Read on to know what these things are and how they can fix your acne issues.
1. Salt: Want to make that zit less noticeable? Mix a pinch of salt with a little bit of water, and dab it on to the pimple. It’s not a sure-fire fix but it’s worth trying when you’re rushed for time. It will reduce the size of the pimple, making it much less noticeable. Try not to overdo it though, because if you use it over a large area of skin, it could dry it out and lead to more acne.
2. Lemon juice: Lemon juice is a miracle beauty product from your kitchen. Apart from removing tan, did you know that it works as natural bleach and kills bacteria? Pimples form due to bacteria and lemon disinfects the skin. It can also remove or reduce marks from older pimples. Again, be careful not to use too much or it can lead to discolouration.
3. Ginger: If a pimple is angry and red and making that spot on your face all inflamed, try grabbing a piece of adrak or ginger. Shred it nicely and place the small pieces on top of the pimple. The juice will reduce the swelling and redness.
4. Disprin: Apart from getting rid of your headache, Disprin or any kind of aspirin can also help. Crush the pill, or scrap it into a dust using clean scissors. Mix it with a bit of water to make a paste and apply it on to the pimple. Let it dry – it will make the pimple smaller and remove redness.
5. Eye drops: Add a drop or two of normal eyedrops to your pimple – this is a great fix when you are in a panic or hurry to attend an interview or make a great first impression. It is anti inflammatory and makes the pimple less noticeable.
6. Mouthwash: Find a mouthwash without any extra flavours added to it (since those can be harsh for your skin). The alcohol content in the mouthwash gets rid of the yucky bacteria, and it can even act as a nice face wash. Use sparingly though – this is not for daily use.
7. Ice: Of course, ice is a basic first aid for any sort of skin emergency, and this includes pimples! It soothes and calms the area so that your face doesn’t look all angry and red. Apply it carefully though and don’t keep it on for too long, even ice can burn skin if use is prolonged.
Hope this post was useful to you all – sometimes these quick hacks can make life so much easier, and there are so many things in our daily life that can come in handy for just about anything!
7 Ways To Use Vitamin E Capsules
7 Ways To Highlight The Best Features Of Dark Skin
7 Ways To Save and Splurge On The Right Beauty Buys
7 Ways to Rock Matte Lips This Winter
7 Fantastic Makeup Tips For Job Interviews
How to Treat Face Blemishes
10 Home Remedies to treat Chapped Lips
How To Treat Damaged Skin
10 Tips to Treat Brittle Nails
Pond’s Clear Pimples Facial Foam
Homemade Cinnamon Treatment For Pimples
Shahnaz Husain Shaclear Skin Clear Anti Pimple Lotion
Five Home Remedies For Pimples/ Acne
Pond’s Pimple Clear White Multi-Action Facial Wash
10 Useful Household Tips
25 Things You Never Knew Vaseline Could Do
10 Safe Ways to Get Rid of Pimples on Lips