“How do celebs have flawless skin?” “How do celebs manage to look like million dollars every time they step out?” – these are some common thoughts and questions that ring in our minds often. The answer is not always makeup and the lame “glow from within that reflects on the face” cliche. There are expert hands and beauty treatments behind celeb skin. Most of the celebs opt for expensive facials once or twice a month to remain youthful and radiant. We researched the 10 most expensive and uncommon facials that celebs pamper themselves with. There’s no mundane gold or pearl facial for them, you see!
1. Bee venom facial: Scary, nope! The princess of Duchess, Kate Middleton indulges in a been venom facial that’s considered as an alternative to botox. The Duchess of Cornwall, Camilla, passed on this secret to Kate. This expensive treatment involves treating the face with organic ingredients and bee venom to provide anti-ageing benefit similar to getting a botox effect. This facial can smooth out fine wrinkles, tighten and firm the skin, reducing frown lines and crow’s feet. This facial includes manuka honey along with bee venom and also other wonderful ingredients like shea butter, rose water, and essential oils. This facial claims to make you instantly younger, wanna a testimonial, Kate Middleton can give vouch for its effects 🙂
2. Vampire facial: This might sound scary again, and it is actually! Kim Kardashian is famous for her reality show and then this vampire facial. The uniqueness of vampire facial lies in the fact that the ingredient for the treatment is derived from one’s own blood. A substance called “platelet rich fibrin matrix” is extracted from one’s own blood and then applied on to the face for anti-ageing benefits. This facial acts as a facial filler like botox and other collagen injections. Game for vampire facial?
3. Bird poop facial: Want to know who made the bird poop facial famous? Victoria Beckham! The world wants to know the secret behind Victoria Beckham’s youthfulness, and bird poop facial is one of them. And you cannot collect poop off any random bird! This facial makes use of nightingale poop that is found the jungles of Japan. This poop is then dried under UV light and mixed with rice bran and other ingredients and applied on the face. This facial refreshes skin, exfoliating the skin deeply, and clearing up all grime, dirt, and dead skin cells. The bird poo also contains guanine which is a compound which is also found in pearls, so that’s what explains the amazing effects clients claim they experience.
4. Caviar facial: It’s an exotic and luxurious facial treatment that firms and smooths the skin and imparts it a youthful glow. This facial makes use of caviar (fish eggs) which is loaded with proteins, vitamins, and powerful antioxidants. This facial improves the skin texture, smoothes, firms and tightens the facial skin providing it a youthful appearance. Apparently, Angelina Jolie loves this facial from France.
5. Sheep placenta facial: This is another beauty secret from Victoria Beckham’s stable. Eva Longoria is another celebrity who doesn’t mind smothering her face with sheep placenta extract. This facial makes use of placenta cells collected from sheep after delivery. Sheep placenta is thought to be rich in proteins, nutrients, vitamins and is believed to be a super effective anti-ageing treatment. It helps in tissue recovery and in boosting collagen formation.
6. Oxygen facial: Rihanna manages to look like a million dollars every time she gets clicked with a lot of help from a bevy of beauty treatments including oxygen facial. This facial smoothes, firms, tightens, and plumps out sagging skin. Oxygen is infused into the skin at high pressure along with anti-ageing serum and this therapy leaves the skin hydrated, moisturized, smooth and plumped up.
7. Diamond and ruby facial: Mila Kunis indugles in this unbelievably expensive facial which makes use of real rubies and diamond peel that exfoliates, tightens, firms, and provides anti-ageing effect to the skin.
8. Raindrop facial: Angelia Jolie’s beauty has mesmerized the people world over! For a change, we are not talking about her fuller lips. She treats her skin to a treatment called “raindrop facial,” in which the skin is prepped with microdermabrasion. Then, a laser which feels like warm raindrops is applied on the skin followed by lavender acid exfoliation and gentle wave lights.