WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Ingrown hair is a problem faced by many of us. I get these horrible red bumps on my legs. Ever since I have started getting my hair waxed or shaved I have been suffering from this problem. To make the matter worse I have sensitive skin, which gets really irritated by it.
Ingrown hairs are typically caused by hair being cut or broken under the skin. The hair then begins to grow in the wrong direction, which further causes little red bumps. In severe cases, ingrown hairs can cause minor scarring. Ingrown hairs on the legs most commonly form on the back and insides of the thighs, under the knees and along the bikini line.
How to Treat Ingrown Hair:
Mentioned below are some tried and tested tips to help you prevent or treat the problem of ingrown hair.
• Products that contain salicylic acid or witch hazel help reduce the redness and swelling caused due to ingrown hair. These products exfoliate the skin and clear clogged pores. After shaving apply the products containing these as ingredients to prevent ingrown hairs from forming.
• Using a tweezer gently scrap the skin surface and lift the ingrown hair. Never ever pluck the hair out; this will only make the hair regrow deeper and cause you much pain and discomfort.
• Do not pull the skin and put too much pressure on the blades when you shave to avoid getting ingrown hair.
• To prevent ingrown hair always shave in the direction of the hair growth.
• Always allow the hair to soften before you shave it. Avoid foam-based shaving creams as far as possible.
• Exfoliation is a great way to get rid of ingrown hair. But, always exfoliate before shaving and not afterward. Exfoliating after shaving will lead to more prominent bumps.
• Do not use any product that has alcohol in it. Such products will seriously worsen ingrown hairs by drying the skin and closing the pores.
• Permanent hair removal or electrolysis can be a final resort if you cannot keep ingrown hairs under control.
Hope these tips will help you to solve the problem of ingrown hair to some extent.
What do you do to keep ingrown hair at bay?
Permanent Methods to Remove Underarm Hair
Temporary Methods to Remove Underarm Hair
Facial Hair Home Removal Tips
Leg : Skin Care for Great Legs
Waxing vs Epilators – What do you Prefer for Hair Removal?
Braun 7280 Silk-Epil Xpressive Epilator Corded Review
Shaving for Hair Removal