Wearing kajal is one of the most unique and beautiful things about Indian makeup. And while we are always on the lookout for smudge-proof, waterproof and long-wearing kajal or kohl pencils, we know only too well that these products can be extremely hard to remove from the eyes. Because kajal or kohl is worn on the waterline of the eye, it is very important not to use harsh soaps or regular face cleansers to get rid of the product. In this post, I will suggest some simple, gentle, and effective ways in which you can completely remove all traces of kajal from your eyes.
Here are some ways in which you can gently and effectively remove kajal from your eyes:
1. Coconut oil: One of the safest and most effective ingredients that you can use to remove all kinds of makeup, especially eye and lip makeup, is coconut oil. Make sure to use the virgin, cold-pressed variant. You can take the coconut on a Q-tip or on a cotton pad and gently press it against the waterline. Leave it there for a few seconds and gently wipe the product away.
2. Olive oil: Olive oil is another nutrient-rich oil that you can use to remove makeup and moisturize the delicate eye area. Here, also it is advisable to use the organic and virgin variant of the oil, and follow the same technique as with coconut oil.
3. Cleansing milk: If using an oil is not your thing, then the good old cleansing milk will work just as well. Take an ample amount of cleansing milk on a cotton ball and use it to gently wipe away the kajal. You can repeat this 2-3 times until the kajal comes off completely. Make sure to use a very soft cotton ball or pad.
4. Micellar water: Micellar water is another great option for getting rid of kajal residue on the eyes. Pick any micellar water that works for your skin type. Pour a little bit in a bowl and dip a Q-tip into it. Once the Q-tip has soaked the product, you can use it to gently wipe off the kajal from the waterline.
5. Rose water: Rose water is yet another very gentle and effective ingredient to use for removing eye makeup. It does not sting the eyes at all and effectively removes all traces of kajal.
6. Petroleum jelly: You can also use petroleum jelly like the good old Vaseline to remove kajal residue from your eyes. Take a little bit of Vaseline on your fingertip and massage onto the waterline or wherever there are traces of kajal. Now take a cotton pad and gently wipe the product away.
7. Gentle face wipes: Nourishing and gentle face wipes (that are free of harsh chemicals) can also be used as cleansing cloths to remove kajal from the eyes. This is especially useful when you are on the go.
8. Wet piece of cloth: Finally, one of the quickest ways to remove kajal from the eyes is to take a very soft piece of cloth, like a handkerchief, and hold it under the tap for a few seconds. Remove the excess water from the cloth and use it to gently wipe off the kajal.