Not all of us are blessed with flawless and even skin. For hiding those scars, blemishes, pigmented patches, a concealer is our best friend. A concealer suited to our skin type and tone can hide the imperfections and make our makeup and skin look naturally perfect. In this post, I will tell you everything you need to know about choosing a concealer.
1. Always Before Foundation – Concealing the tiny marks and flaws should ideally be done before putting on your foundation. It evens out your skin tone, giving that perfect canvas to put on your paint (read makeup).
2. Loose Powder Setting – Even if you skip the foundation, use a loose powder to set the concealer and make it natural.
3. Some Green Concealer – Red zones are neutralized by green pigments, so a concealer with greenish tint is your best bet for hiding red spots, acne and zits.
4. Yellow Magic – Yellow concealer is apt for evening our skin. If patches and tan are your primary concerns, choose a yellow concealer to work the magic.
5. Pink Concealer Anyone? – Purplish or dark zones in face, like under eye dark circles or acne pits can be significantly hidden by using pink concealer.
6. Choose a Shade Lighter – Your concealer should be one shade lighter than your foundation, to brighten up your look.
7. Can Substitute Primer – A good concealer can prep up your skin for the final stages of makeup, so you can give your primer a skip.
8. Hydrate Before Concealing – The texture of all concealers impart a cakey look. It is best to apply a non-greasy moisturizer on your skin and a good eye gel for smooth application.
9. Life Saver – Suppose your winged liner smudged or your eyeshadow has fallout, concealer can save the situation. In such situations, instead of starting all over again, just dab a little on the spot and you are ready for application.
Colorbar Full Cover Concealer
Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer
MAC Studio Finish Concealer
Colorbar Stick Concealer
Revlon PhotoReady Stick Concealer
Mac Select Cover-up Concealer
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
Lakme Absolute White Intense Concealer Stick
Makeup Revolution Focus and Fix Liquid Concealer
NYX Concealer in a Jar – Orange and Yellow