This post is all about some perfect red lipsticks that work on Indian skin tones. There’s a wealth of red lipsticks available in the market today. Every makeup brand has at least three to four kinds of red lipsticks to their credit, which makes it very difficult for us to select the perfect red lipstick for ourselves. To add to the confusion, there are many kinds of reds—blue reds, pink reds, orange reds—and there are many formulas available—matte, glossy, creamy, etc. So, to make things simple, here is a list of 9 best red lipsticks available out there that are sure to look great on Indian skin tones.
1. MAC Russian Red Lipstick: This slightly warm toned red lipstick from MAC is an iconic one. With a creamy matte finish, this lipstick can last through the day and through meals. If you’re looking for the perfect red lipstick, then this one is a winner.
2. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Cherries in the Snow: The Super Lustrous range from Revlon has always been a classic, and this particular shade is a beautiful pink-based red that is ultra-moisturizing, long lasting and looks great on Indian skin tones.
3. Tom Ford Lip Color in Cherry Lush: If you’re looking for a luxury red lipstick, then you have to try this one. Gorgeous in its chic black packaging, this lipstick is a classic blue-based red that looks luxurious on the lips and makes your teeth look white. It is formulated with super hydrating ingredients, so it glides on quite smoothly and lasts a long time.
4. L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Star Red Lipstick in Pure Brick: This one is a gorgeous brownish-red, with an earthy undertone. It is an understated shade that looks fantastic on Indian skin tones. It is moisturizing on the lips, feels comfortable and lasts several hours.
5. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Fatal Red: If you’re on the lookout for a bright (almost neon) red, then this one from Maybelline is a great pick for Indian skin tones. Although it is very moisturizing on the lips, it has a relatively matte finish. However, it is not very long wearing so you may need to reapply it throughout the day.
6. Lakmé 9 to 5 Lipstick in Red Coat: The 9 to 5 lipstick range from Lakmé is a true winner. It gives you great value for money and has a long wearing creamy matte finish. This particular shade is believed to be a dupe for the iconic MAC lipstick Ruby Woo, which means that it is a classic blue-based red.
7. Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Colour (SPF 12) in Old Hollywood: Looking for the perfect Hollywood style red lipstick that is understated, blue-based, classic, long wearing, comfortable and matte? This lipstick from Bobbi Brown is an all-round perfect red lipstick that suits Indian skin tones very well. Added bonus: it also has SPF!
8. MAC Chili Lipstick: A matte brick red, this one from MAC doesn’t get as much attention as Russian Red or Ruby Woo, but it is a gorgeous shade of red nonetheless. It is extremely long wearing, yet comfortable. It is a winner for medium to dusky skin tones.
9. Yves Saint Laurent Glossy Stain in Rouge Laque: There had to be a glossy lipstick featured on this list, and there’s no one who does better glosses than YSL. This glossy stain is a gorgeous cherry red that applies with a wet and moisturizing feel, but sets to a stain that lasts several hours. Needless to say, the packaging is super luxurious.
10 Red Lipstick Photos and Swatches
15 Red Lipsticks That Will Make You Look Like a Hollywood Star
MAC Russian Red Lipstick
10 Beautiful Red Lipsticks Available in India
Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Pleasure Me Red
How to Find the Right Red Lipstick for Your Skin Tone