WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Having facial acne doesn’t mean you can’t use makeup. You just need to know some clever techniques!
1. Start with a gentle cleanser meant for acne prone skin. Do not go for abrasive scrubs which will make your acne worse. You can use a toner that is nonalcoholic.
2. Moisturizing is must no matter the age or skin type. Use a natural, lightweight, non-comedogenic moisturizer and oil free moisturizer meant especially for acne prone skin.
3. You can now prep your skin using an oil-free primer before applying your makeup. A primer will help to absorb the excess oils on your face and create a smooth base for you to work with.
4. There are actually many foundations available in the market that claim to be good for an acne prone skin. You can make use of these foundations which have salicylic acid in them as they will not only cover your problem areas, but will also work to get rid of them in the long run.
5. Your next step should be to apply a mattifying concealer for all those pesky blemishes and dark circles.
6. Use light strokes when applying anything. Pressing on the skin too much or stretching the skin can irritate it and cause more breakouts.
7. Use a lightweight setting powder to set everything. Do it light handed. Do not apply too much pressure.
8. Always use clean makeup brushes or sponges to apply your products and blend everything really well. Unclean hands and brushes can harbour excess oils and bacteria. And remember do not touch your face with unclean hands.
9. Now you can use a blush that adds a natural flush to the cheeks and won’t accentuate the bumps around your cheek area. Use a blush brush and sweep it over the apples of your cheeks. Blend it really well.
10. You can do your lips and eyes the usual way that you do them.
11. If your acne prone skin tends to get oilier after a few hours, then use oil blotting papers to keep your face shine free.
Secret to My Pimple Free Skin
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars
Best Salicylic Acid-Based Products for Acne-Prone Skin
Glycolic Acid Peel for Acne
My Struggle With Acne and Products That Worked
How I Treated My PCOS and Hormonal Acne with Spearmint Tea
FabIndia Clove Acne Control Cream Review