WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
ACNEMOIST : Winter poses a peculiar threat to people with sensitive and oily ACNE-PRONE skin. The skin can neither be left without putting anything against the sharp, cold wind, nor can it bear the usual moisturising agents that catalyse acne eruption. Luckily I stumbled upon a wonderful, wonderful moisturiser tailored for this purpose specifically, that can be used independently, or mixed with sunscreen and anti-acne ointments as necessary. ACNEMOIST is available in pharmaceutical stores rather than in cosmetics shops and very much within moderate affordability.
This is how the bright orange Acnemoist tube looks:
Acnemoist helps parched but sensitive skin to get adequate moisture in the dry, cold winter without making it oily or aggravating the pimples problem any further. The easy compatibility with other products like sunscreen and other dermatological ointments enable using those products according to usual needs.
The positives for which I will endorse acnemoist are:
- Works well on sensitive, acne-prone skin.
- Oil-free but has cream base (yes baby, yes!).
- Can be used mixed with regular dermatological products like sunscreen and anti-acne gel (and it gets even better!!).
- A pea-sized quantity spreads over a large area smoothly.
- Washes off easily with a mild/soft face wash.
- It is easily affordable, though not dirt cheap.
- The tube is handy and can be stored easily in a purse/hand-bag.
- Has a mild floral fragrance that does not tickle sensitive/sneeze-prone noses (stealthily tested upon an unsuspecting nephew who is allergic to almost all sharp odours).
- Offers mild sun-protection on its own (though I choose to rely upon my sunscreen, in this case, mixed with Acnemoist).
Negatives (though minor) that you may want to keep in mind:
- If applied mistakenly on the eyebrow, makes it limp and saggy.
- You do not get it in a cosmetic store, but you have to buy it from a pharmaceutical one. So you are denied the psychological satisfaction of buying a beauty-product.
- Hurts a lot if it gets into the eye, even if it comes in contact in a dilute form while you are washing your face.
This is how it looks while applying on an acne-decorated, winter-dried cheek (The model refuses vehemently to show the rest of her face. lol):
Now let us take a look at the overall profile of Acnemoist.
Manufactured by: Avalon Cosmetics
Marketed in India by: Curatio
Key Ingredients: Jojoba and PentavitinTM – these help in providing extensive moisturising without making the skin oily.
Net Quantity: 30g
MRP: Rs 99
This is how the acne-prone skin looks after it has been moisturised by Acnemoist (compare with the picture above – the effect on the skin is clearly visible, there is a healthy glow while the acne are not aggravated further):
Overall verdict: I am stocking up on ACNEMOIST to last me the whole winter. It is really good, especially if combined with sunscreen when going out in the day and also mixed with anti-acne gel at night. On my side, I will grade it a :-* :-* :-* :-*