All about Detox Baths
We all know that detoxification is the body’s way of removing toxins or say dangerous compounds from our system. A detox bath is one of the easiest healing therapies that can be done to facilitate and enhance that natural detoxification process. It is a good way to cleanse our body, rest our mind, and give some additional support to various systems of our body.
Detox bath not only draws out toxins, but has following health benefits as well:
• Ease stress and improves concentration
• Help prevent artery hardening and blood clots
• Make insulin more effective
• Relieve pain and muscle cramps
• Improve oxygen use
• Improve absorption of nutrients
• Help prevent or ease migraine headaches
Tips for detox bath:
• Use as hot water as you can stand for a detox bath.
• If your bath water is not filtered, add 1 cup of baking soda as this helps neutralize the chemicals, primarily chlorine, as well as increase mineral absorption.
• Plunge yourself in the water, all the way up to your neck. You want as much of your body underwater as you can. Give yourself at least 20 minutes.
• Do not to use harsh soaps on your body after a detox bath as your pores are open and they will just absorb the chemicals found in those products. Apply a natural moisturizer like shea butter or coconut oil.
• Do not eat immediately before or after taking a detox bath.
Detox bath recipes:
Here are three simple detox bath recipes that will help you feeling refreshed and energised.
Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Baths: Add 2 cups of pure apple cider vinegar to a regular sized tub of water as hot as tolerated. Stay in the bath until the water has cooled. Towel dry and don’t shower for at least 8 hours. This bath is a great overall detoxifier. It can provide relief to people with joint problems.
Ginger Detox Baths: Add ½ cup of freshly grated ginger or sprinkle 1 tablespoon of ginger powder in hot water tub. Soak for 15-20 minutes. Pat dry afterwards. This bath will make you sweat profusely for at least an hour afterwards, so wear comfortable clothes. Opt for this bath on days you are feeling your energy levels dipping.
Epsom Salt Detox Bath: Use 2 cups of epsom salt for a standard bath tub. Epsom salt is said to be able to help with the circulatory system as well as improving nerve functions.
Homemade Tan Removal Pack
5 Homemade Skin Lightening Face Masks
12 Best Homemade Face Masks
Homemade Soothing Eye Mask: Do It Yourself
Detox Diet and Weight Loss
All about Detox Diet
Bourjois Bio Detox Organic Anti Puffiness Concealer
Bourjois Bio Detox Perfecting Powder Photos
Homemade Detox Drinks
Bourjois Bio-Detox Foundation
Toni & Guy Detox Shampoo
Dr. Jart Black Label Detox O2 Cleansing Foam