Our skin is the most exposed organ of our body that gets a constant beating from various environmental factors. Keeping your skin protected from wind, cold, dry air and sun is the first step to keep it soft and supple. If you don’t take steps to protect your skin against these elements, it will age prematurely, especially if you skip sunscreen every time you step out. Improving your skin texture allows you to feel more confident about yourself, and it can help to prevent skin-related problems, such as wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, fine lines, and age spots later in life. Mentioned below are 12 tips and home remedies that will help you to improve your skin texture.
1. Wash your face with mild cleanser that suits your skin type. Do not use harsh chemical cleansers as they will strip out the moisture from your skin and make it look rough and aged.
2. Dry skin also leads to cracked and itchy skin, which looks inflamed and red so in order to avoid such condition moisturize your skin every day. It will keep your skin hydrated and promote healthy, smooth skin texture.
3. In order to keep your skin smooth and vibrant exfoliate it regularly. Exfoliation is a natural process associated with the constant regeneration of skin cells. Although exfoliation is imperative in maintaining healthy skin, it is important to avoid over-exfoliation, which can lead to skin irritation, increased sensitivity and damage to the protective skin barrier.
4. Do not forget to wear sunscreen any time you go outdoors.
5. Fatty acids, such as many types of fish, help to improve skin texture by nourishing healthy cell membranes. Green leafy vegetables, such as spinach, also improve the texture of your skin.
6. Mash a banana with milk and apply on face and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash it with cold water to get a smooth and glowing skin.
7. Mix a tablespoon of curd, lemon juice and honey and apply it on the face for 10-15 minutes. It will help to lightens your skin complexion and will give you a smooth and glowing skin.
8. Apply a mixture of one teaspoon of olive oil and equal amount of organic apple cider vinegar overnight on wet face. It keeps the skin smooth, reduces age spots and helps avoid wrinkles.
9. Take 1 tablespoon each of carrot juice, tomato juice and lemon juice. Mix them well and apply on the face to get a smooth glowing complexion. This remedy works equally well both for oily and dry skin.
10. Soak a few strands of saffron in milk overnight. The next day, add half a tablespoon of honey and apply all over face. Do this twice or thrice a week to improve the texture of skin.
11. This is Kareena Kapoor’s favorite homemade face pack – take 2 tbsp of sandalwood powder, 2 drops of vitamin E, two pinches of turmeric, mix well, and apply on the face and neck area. Keep for 20 minutes and rinse away.
12. Take 1 tbsp of besan, 2 tbsp of aloe vera, and 1 tbsp of turmeric, you can also add a bit of milk to this pack. Mix well and apply all over the face and neck area, and rinse away after 20 minutes.
Most importantly, drink an adequate amount of water throughout the day to keep your skin soft and hydrated from within.
Drink an adequate amount of water throughout the day to keep your skin soft and hydrated from within.