Potato is perhaps one of the most versatile vegetables you can think of, in terms of cuisine and also when it comes to solving a multitude of beauty problems. It helps you in times when you are in no mood to prepare an elaborate dish. It is very easily available throughout the year and you can cook easy dishes for everyday meals with potatoes without putting in too much time or effort. We want to tell you that you can take care of beauty problems easily with the help of potatoes! The best part is that you are saved from shelling out too much money because potatoes are not at all expensive even during times of crisis and otherwise. You can stock potatoes because they do not spoil easily and can do everything – from clearing dark spots to diminishing under eye circles. In this post, we will tell you 12 ways to use potato as a beauty product.
What Potatoes Can Do For Your Skin, Eyes, and Hair:
1. Lightens skin.
2. Brightens skin.
3. Helps remove tan.
4. Tones and firms skin.
5. Makes hair shiny.
6. Reduces under-eye circles.
7. Aids hair growth.
8. Adds shine to the hair.
What Makes Potatoes an Amazing Beauty Ingredient:
Many women have claimed that potatoes have helped them reduce hyperpigmentation and dark spots. Many have also vouched that regular use of potato juice has helped reduce dark under eye circles and puffiness. All this happens because potatoes have an enzyme called “catecholase” which
helps to reduce hyperpigmentation, brighten skin, reduce dark spots and acne scars. Potato is rich in Vitamin C. It helps lighten dark spots and makes skin clear. It also acts as an anti-ageing ingredient and maintains skin’s health. It effectively removes blemishes, sunburn and makes skin bright. Potatoes are also rich in potassium which moisturizes the skin along with vitamin B6 which helps to repair skin cells. Potatoes also have anti-ageing benefits and gently exfoliate the skin. Now, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be pampering your skin with potatoes.
Beauty Tips With Potatoes For Eyes:
1. For treating dark circles: If dark circles are bothering you too much, all you need to do is to cut a raw potato in slices and use them in the simplest way possible. Lie down, shut your eyes, place the potato slices on your closed eyes and stay in that posture for about fifteen minutes. Do it everyday to see your dark circles disappear slowly but steadily.
2. For soothing tired eyes: If your eyes feel tired and nothing seems to help, just place potato slices on your eyes and rest awhile. Your eyes will be soothed and you would have a fresh feeling.
3. For curing eye-infection: Potatoes are known to be excellent for treating mild eye infection. Potatoes have drying properties as well as disinfectant properties that help to do away with eye infections. Freshly grated potatoes should be wrapped in a piece of clean cheesecloth and placed on eyes. This has to be done regularly till the infection is cured. However, it is advised that you consult with the doctor before resorting to this remedy.
4. For treating eye bags: Eye bags look ugly and I know that you can go to any extent to get rid of them. Try cutting potato in thin slices. Wash your eyes with lukewarm water and then place a few thin slices (or a thick slice) of potato over eyes. Rest for ten minutes and then, remove the slices. Wash your face after that. For best results, this needs to be done three times a week.
Beauty Tips With Potatoes For Skin:
1. For preventing wrinkles: Since potato has anti-wrinkling properties, washing your face with potato juice everyday helps to prevent wrinkles and impart glow to your skin.
2. For treating sunburns: If you are suffering from sunburns, apply potato juice or grated potato to the affected areas and this would work wonders.
3. For treating blemishes: Are you worried about facial blemishes? Apply cool potato juice on them regularly and they would vanish.
4. For getting smooth skin: Applying grated potato regularly and allowing it to stay for thirty minutes can be effective in lightening your skin tone and making your skin smooth. It is also good for controlling excess sebum.
5. Potato Peel for Spots: Interestingly, potato peels are rich in nutrients than the pulp. The inner side of the peel can be rubbed on acne scars gently to help them fade away quickly.
6. Here’s how you can make Sweet Lime and Tulsi Tea Sheet Mask for Clear And Spotless Skin.
Potato Face Mask Recipes:
1. Potato-Lemon Mask (for normal skin): Squeeze out the juice from grated potato. Mix one spoon of potato juice with half-a-spoon of lemon juice. Apply it on your face with the help of cotton and let it stay for ten minutes. It is suitable for normal skin type.
2. Potato-Fuller’s Earth Mask
(for oily skin): Mix one spoon of Fuller’s Earth (Multani Mitti) with one spoon of potato juice. Apply the mixture on your face and let it dry. Rinse first with lukewarm water and then, with cold water.
3. Potato-Milk Powder Mask (for dry skin): Boil potato (without peeling the potato skin) and crush it with a spoon. Let it cool. Add two spoon of milk powder and a spoon of almond oil. Apply this pack on your face to cater to the needs of dry skin.
4. Potato Juice Skin Brightener: Extract juice from one raw potato. Dip a clean towel in this juice and place it over the face and relax. Gently wipe face with normal water after 20 minutes.
Potato Hair Care Recipes:
1. To Reduce Hair Fall: Mix potato juice and aloe vera gel together. Massage this mix into the scalp and then comb through the hair, let it sit on the scalp for 20 minutes and rinse off. Do this twice a week to see reduction in hair fall.
2. Hair Tonic for Fast Hair Growth: Extract juice from one raw potato and one onion. Mix both together and apply on the scalp with a cotton ball. Keep on the hair for 20 minutes and rinse off with a mild shampoo. Do this twice daily for eight weeks to see effective results.